Mouse MARCO Biotinylated Antibody
Mouse MARCO Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q60754
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
MARCO (macrophage receptor with collagenous structure), also known as SCARA2, is an 80 kDa type II transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the class A scavenger receptor family (1). Mouse MARCO consists of a 48 amino acid (aa) cytoplasmic domain, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 449 aa extracellular domain (ECD) that includes a stalk region, a collagen-like region, and one SRCR domain (2). Within the ECD, mouse MARCO shares 69% and 86% aa sequence identity with human and rat MARCO, respectively. It shares 18%‑28% aa sequence identity with other mouse class A scavenger receptors CL-P1, SCARA3, SCARA5, and SR-A1/MSR. MARCO is constitutively expressed on the surface of splenic and lymph node macrophages (2, 3). Its expression is induced on Kupffer cells and alveolar macrophages by microbial infection, chemical irritants, and Th1 polarizing factors (3‑5). MARCO binds LPS, lipoteichoic acid, and other determinants on Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria (2, 6‑8). It also binds modified LDL, CpG oligonucleotides, UGRP1, silica, and TiO2 (2, 9‑11). MARCO is required for the organization of the splenic marginal zone and the interaction of local macrophages and B cells (12, 13). The SRCR domain mediates binding of MARCO to its various ligands (3, 12), while the collagen-like region mediates assembly into a disulfide-linked trimeric molecule (2, 7). MARCO ligation induces, but is not required for the production of IL-12, NO, or TNF-alpha by macrophages (5, 6, 9). MARCO knockout mice show a reduced clearance of bacterial infections, reduced mast cell mediated silicosis, increased pulmonary inflammation, and increased sensitivity to ozone induced lung damage (4, 9, 14‑16).
- Murphy, J.E. et al. (2005) Atherosclerosis 182:1.
- Elomaa, O. et al. (1995) Cell 80:603.
- Van der Laan, L.J.W. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 162:939.
- Dahl, M. et al. (2007) J. Clin. Invest. 117:757.
- Jozefowski, S. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 175:8032.
- Mukhopadhyay, S. et al. (2006) Eur. J. Immunol. 36:940.
- Sankala, M. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:33378.
- Chen, Y. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:12767.
- Jozefowski, S. et al. (2006) J. Leukoc. Biol. 80:870.
- Bin, L.-H. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 171:924.
- Hamilton, Jr. R.F. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:34218.
- Karlsson, M.C.I. et al. (2003) J. Exp. Med. 198:333.
- Chen, Y. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 175:8173.
- Arredouani, M. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Med. 200:267.
- Arredouani, M.S. et al. (2007) J. Immunol. 178:5912.
- Brown, J.M. et al. (2007) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 36:43.
Citation for Mouse MARCO Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Phagocytes produce prostaglandin E2 in response to cytosolic Listeria monocytogenes
Authors: CE McDougal, ZT Morrow, T Christophe, S Kim, D Carter, DM Stevenson, D Amador-Nog, MJ Miller, JD Sauer
PloS Pathogens, 2021-09-23;17(9):e1009493.
Sample Types: Whole Tissue
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse MARCO Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse MARCO Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse MARCO Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image