Mouse R-Spondin 4 Antibody
Mouse R-Spondin 4 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q8BJ73
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: R-Spondin 4
R-Spondin 4 (RSPO4, roof plate-specific spondin 4), also called cysteine-rich and single thrombospondin domain containing-4 (Cristin 4), is an ~33 kDa secreted heparin-binding protein that shares ~35% amino acid (aa) identity with three other R-Spondin family members (1-3). All are positive modulators of Wnt/ beta -catenin signaling, but R-Spondin 4 may be somewhat weaker than other R-Spondins (2). R‑Spondins regulate Wnt/ beta -catenin by competing with the Wnt antagonist DKK-1 for binding to the Wnt co-receptors LRP-6 and Kremen, reducing their DKK‑1‑mediated internalization (1, 4). Like other R‑Spondins, mouse R-Spondin 4 (234 aa) contains a signal sequence (aa 1-19), two adjacent cysteine-rich furin-like domains (aa 85-128) with one potential tyrosine phosphorylation site (aa 114), followed by a thrombospondin (TSP-1) motif (aa 137‑197) and a region rich in basic residues (aa 199‑234). The furin-like domains are sufficient for beta -catenin stabilization (2). Mature mouse R‑Spondin 4 shares 81%, 97%, 79%, 77% and 76% aa identity with human, rat, bovine, equine and canine R-Spondin 4, respectively. There is one potential isoform where Arg substitutes for the C‑terminal 82 amino acids (5). Each R‑Spondin has a distinct expression pattern (6). In the mouse, R‑Spondin 4 mRNA is found during development of limb bud mesenchyme, nail beds, heart and teeth (6‑8). In humans, mutations of R‑Spondin 4 have been found to cause anonychia, a condition in which fingernails and toenails are absent (8‑10).
- Nam, J.-S. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:13247.
- Kim, K.-A. et al. (2008) Mol. Biol. Cell 19:2588.
- Hendrickx, M. and L. Leyns (2008) Develop. Growth Differ. 50:229.
- Binnerts, M.E. et al. (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:14700.
- Entrez Accession # Q8BJ73, Isoform 2.
- Nam, J.-S. et al. (2007) Gene Expr. Patterns 7:306.
- Pemberton, T.J. et al. (2007) Dev. Dyn. 236:2245.
- Ishii, Y. et al. (2008) J. Invest. Dermatol. 128:867.
- Blaydon, D.C. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38:1245.
- Bergmann, C. et al. (2006) Am. J. Hum. Genet. 79:1105.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse R-Spondin 4 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse R-Spondin 4 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse R-Spondin 4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image