Primate IL-2 ELISpot Kit
Primate IL-2 ELISpot Kit Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
* Following cell stimulation.
ELISpot kits are highly sensitive, microplate-based assays for the detection of cytokine secreting cells. This kit is designed for the detection and enumeration of primate IL-2. Complete ELISpot kits are ready-to-run and require no assay development or refinement.
This ELISpot assay employs a capture antibody specific for primate IL-2, pre-coated onto a PVDF-backed microplate. Appropriately stimulated cells are pipetted directly into the wells and the immobilized antibody in the immediate vicinity of the secreting cells binds secreted primate IL-2. Following wash steps and incubation with a biotinylated detection antibody, alkaline-phosphatase conjugated to streptavidin is added. Unbound enzyme is subsequently removed by washing and a substrate solution (BCIP/NBT) is added. A blue-black colored precipitate forms at the sites of cytokine localization and appears as spots, with each individual spot representing an individual primate IL-2 secreting cell. The spots can be counted with an automated ELISpot reader system or manually using a stereomicroscope.
- Detect and quantitate individual cells secreting primate IL-2
- High sensitivity - ELISpot assays can measure responses with frequencies well below 1 in 100,000 cells
- No in vitro expansion of cells required
- High-throughput - ELISpot assays use only a small number of primary cells
- Primate IL-2 Microplate
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin conjugated to Alkaline Phosphatase
- Dilution Buffers
- Wash Buffer Concentrate
- BCIP/NBT Chromogen
- Primate IL-2 Positive Control
OTHER REAGENTS REQUIRED
- Pipettes and pipette tips
- Deionized or distilled water
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- 500 mL graduated cylinder
- 37 °C CO2 incubator
- Sterile culture media
- Dissection microscope or an automated ELISpot reader
Preparation and Storage
IL-2 (Interleukin 2) is a critical cytokine in T cell biology. It promotes T cell activation and expansion, the development, maintenance and function of regulatory T cells (Treg), and the differentiation of CD8+ T cells into terminal effector cells and memory cells. IL-2 signals through a receptor complex composed of CD25/IL-2 R alpha, IL-2 R beta, and the Common gamma Chain (gamma c). IL-2 R beta is also a component of the IL-15 receptor complex. Gamma c is also a signaling subunit in the receptors for IL-4, -7, -9, -15, and -21.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISpot and FluoroSpot Kit FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Primate IL-2 ELISpot Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Primate IL-2 ELISpot Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Primate IL-2 ELISpot Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image