Rat TIMP-1 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of rat TIMP-1 spiked to three levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Supernates (n=5)||106||93-119|
|EDTA Plasma (n=7)||99||82-115|
Rat TIMP-1 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
TIMPs-1 through -4 regulate the activity of zinc metalloproteases known as MMPs, ADAMs and ADAMTSs. Structurally, TIMPs contain two domains. The N-terminal domain binds to the active site of mature metalloproteases via a 1:1 non-covalent interaction, blocking access of substrates to the catalytic site. In addition, The C-terminal domain of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 binds to the hemopexin- like domain of pro-MMP-9 and pro-MMP-2, respectively. The latter binding is essential for the cell surface activation of MMP-2 by MMP-14.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 4 times for a total of 5 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate and wash 5 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Rat TIMP-1 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 5
Filter your results:
Suppression of Inflammation-Associated Kidney Damage Post-Transplant Using the New PrC-210 Free Radical Scavenger in Rats
Authors: TR Goesch, NA Wilson, W Zeng, BM Verhoven, W Zhong, MM Coumbe Git, WE Fahl
Sample Types: Plasma
Rosmarinic acid attenuates hepatic fibrogenesis via suppression of hepatic stellate cell activation/proliferation and induction of apoptosis
Authors: NM El-Lakkany, WH El-Maadawy, SH Seif El-Di, OA Hammam, SH Mohamed, SM Ezzat, MM Safar, S Saleh
Asian Pac J Trop Med, 2017;10(5):444-453.
Sample Types: Tissue Homogenates
Antifibrotic effects of a recombinant adeno-associated virus carrying small interfering RNA targeting TIMP-1 in rat liver fibrosis.
Authors: Cong M, Liu T, Wang P, Fan X, Yang A, Bai Y, Peng Z, Wu P, Tong X, Chen J, Li H, Cong R, Tang S, Wang B, Jia J, You H
Am J Pathol, 2013;182(5):1607-16.
Sample Types: Serum
TIMP-1 inhibits the proteolytic processing of Reelin in experimental epilepsy.
Authors: Tinnes, Stefanie, Ringwald, Julia, Haas, Carola A
FASEB J, 2013;27(7):2542-52.
Sample Types: Tissue Homogenates
Nitric oxide induces TIMP-1 expression by activating the transforming growth factor beta-Smad signaling pathway.
Authors: Akool el-S, Doller A, Muller R, Gutwein P, Xin C, Huwiler A, Pfeilschifter J, Eberhardt W
J. Biol. Chem., 2005;280(47):39403-16.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Rat TIMP-1 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Rat TIMP-1 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Rat TIMP-1 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image