Recombinant Human Active SHP-1 (aa 205-595) Protein, CF
Recombinant Human Active SHP-1 (aa 205-595) Protein, CF Summary
Ala205-Lys595, with an N-terminal Met and 6-His tag (C-terminal variants predicted)
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl, Glycerol and DTT.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with dry ice or equivalent. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 25 mM HEPES, 0.02% Brij-35, 1 mM DTT, pH 7.5
- Recombinant Human Active SHP‑1 aa 205-595 (rhSHP-1) (Catalog # 1878-SH)
- Substrate: Asp-Ala-Asp-Glu-Tyr(PO3)-Leu-Ile-Pro-Gln-Gln-Gly (Catalog # ES006)
- Malachite Green Phosphate Detection Kit (Catalog # DY996)
- 96 well Clear Plate (Catalog # DY990)
- Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Plus by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Prepare a Phosphate Standard curve by adding 10 µL of the 1 M Phosphate Standard to 990 µL of Assay Buffer for 10 mM stock. Continue by adding 10 µL of the 10 mM phosphate stock to 990 µL of Assay Buffer for 100 µM stock (this is the first dilution to use as a standard).
- Perform six (6) one-half serial dilutions of the 100 µM Phosphate stock to complete the curve. The standard curve has a range of 0.078-5 nmol per well.
- Dilute rhSHP-1 to 0.02 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 400 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Load the plate by adding 50 µL of the Phosphate Standard curve, 50 μLof Assay Buffer (Curve Blank), 25 µL of 0.02 μg/mL rhSHP‑1, and 25 μL of Assay Buffer (Substrate Blank).
- Start the reaction by adding 25 µL of diluted Substrate to wells containing rhSHP-1 and to the Substrate Blank only.
- Cover plate with plate sealer and incubate at 37 °C for 30 minutes.
- After incubation, add 30 µL of Malachite Green reagent A to all wells used. Mix briefly.
- Add 100 μL of deionized water to all wells. Mix briefly.
- Add 30 µL of Malachite Green reagent B to all wells. Mix and incubate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Read plate at 620 nm in endpoint mode.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (μmol/min/mg) =
|Phosphate released* (nmol) x (.001 μmol/nmol)|
|Incubation time (min) x amount of enzyme (mg)|
*Derived from the phosphate standard curve using linear or 4-parameter fitting and adjusted for Substrate Blank.Per Reaction:
- rhSHP-1: 0.0000005 mg
- Substrate: 200 μM
Src-Homology 2 domain Phosphatase-1 (SHP-1), also known as Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1C (PTP1C), PTPN6, and Hematopoetic Cell Phosphatase (HCPH), is an enzyme that selectively dephosphorylates tyrosine residues in proteins. Spontaneous point mutations in the SHP-1 gene in mice produce the “motheaten” and "motheaten viable” phenotypes that are severely autoimmune and immunodeficient (1). The enzyme is highly expressed in leukocyte cell types (2). SHP-1 has a regulatory region containing two Src homology 2 (SH2) domains that are critical for its binding to ITIM domains in inhibitory immunoreceptors (3). Deletion of the SH2 domains, as in this product, causes a marked increase in phosphatase activity (4). SHP-1 will dephosphorylate a wide variety of proteins, including the EGF receptor (5). A phosphopeptide containing the EGFR (Y992) sequence (Catalog # ES006) can be used to measure the activity of SHP-1 by detecting the release of phosphate (Catalog # DY996).
- Tsui, H.W. et al. (1993) Nature Genet. 4:124.
- Matthews, R.J. et al. (1992) Mol. Cell. Biol. 12:2396.
- Burshtyn, D.N. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:13066.
- Pei, D. et al. (1994) Biochemistry 33:15483.
- Tomic, S. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:21277.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Phosphatase Activity Assays
Phosphatase Peptide Substrates
Reviews for Recombinant Human Active SHP-1 (aa 205-595) Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Active SHP-1 (aa 205-595) Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Active SHP-1 (aa 205-595) Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image