Recombinant Human Tryptase beta-2 Protein, CF Summary
Met1-Pro275, with a C-terminal 10-His tag
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris and NaCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with dry ice or equivalent. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Maturation Buffer: 50 mM Tris, 10 mM CaCl2, 150 mM NaCl, 0.05% (w/v) Brij-35, pH 7.5 (TCNB)
- Heparin Incubation Buffer (HIB): 100 µg/mL Heparin (Sigma, Catalog # H3393), 50 mM MES, pH 5.5
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM Tris, pH 8.5
- Recombinant Human Tryptase beta ‑2/TPSB2 (rhTPSB2) (Catalog # 3796-SE)
- Bacterial Thermolysin (Thermolysin) (Catalog # 3097-ZN)
- Substrate: MCA-Arg-Pro-Lys-Pro-Val-Glu-NVAL-Trp-Arg-Lys(DNP)-NH2 (Catalog # ES002), 2 mM stock in DMSO
- 1, 10 Phenanthroline (Sigma, Catalog # 320056)
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rhTPSB2 to 100 µg/mL in Maturation Buffer containing Thermolysin at a final concentration of 0.1 µg/mL.
- Incubate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Stop Thermolysin activity by adding an equal volume of 10 mM 1, 10 Phenanthroline prepared in HIB.
- Dilute the matured rhTPSB2 to 10 µg/mL in HIB.
- Incubate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Dilute 10 µg/mL rhTPSB2 to 2.5 µg/mL in HIB.
- Dilute 2.5 µg/mL rhTPSB2 to 0.50 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 20 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Load 50 µL of 0.50 µg/mL rhTPSB2 into a plate, and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of 20 µM Substrate. Include a Substrate Blank containing 50 µL of Assay Buffer and 50 µL of Substrate.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 320 nm and 405 nm (top read), respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard MCA-Pro-Leu-OH (Bachem, Catalog # M-1975).
- rhTPSB2: 0.025 µg
- Substrate: 10 µM
Background: Tryptase beta-2/TPSB2
Tryptases are trypsin-like serine proteases, and beta tryptases appear to be the main isoenzymes expressed in mast cells (1). They are stored in secretory granules of mast cells, where they form active tetramers with heparin proteoglycan. Because of the unique arrangement of the active sites in the tetramer, which are facing a narrow central pore, beta tryptases are resistant to macromolecule protease inhibitors (2). When mast cells are activated, beta tryptases are released along with other proteins in secretory granules, participating in provoking inflammatory conditions (3). beta tryptases have been implicated as mediators in the pathogenesis of asthma and other allergic disorders.
- Caughey, G. H. 2004, in Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes, Barrett, A.J. et al. eds. pp. 1535.
- Sommerhoff, C.P. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96:10984.
- Hallgren, J. and G. Pejler (2006) FEBS J. 273:1871.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Fluorogenic Peptide Substrates
Reviews for Recombinant Human Tryptase beta-2 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Tryptase beta-2 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Tryptase beta-2 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image