Recombinant Mouse CHST7 Protein, CF
Recombinant Mouse CHST7 Protein, CF Summary
Ser34-Val484, with an N-terminal 6-His tag
Accession # Q9EP78
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris and NaCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer (provided in kit): 50 mM Tris, 15 mM MgCl2, pH 7.5
- Recombinant Mouse Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 7/CHST7 (rmCHST7) (Catalog # 5108‑ST)
- 3'-Phosphoadenosine-5'-phosphosulfate/PAPS (Catalog # ES019)
- N-acetyl-alpha -D-glucosamine (GlcNAc) (Calbiochem, Catalog # 1079), 1 M stock in deionized water
- Universal Sulfotransferase Activity Kit (Catalog # EA003)
- 96-well Clear Plate (Costar, Catalog # 92592)
- Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Plus by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute 1 mM Phosphate Standard provided by the Universal Sulfotransferase Kit by adding 40 µL of the 1 mM Phosphate Standard to 360 µL of Assay Buffer for a 100 µM stock.
- Prepare standard curve by performing six one‑half serial dilutions of the 100 µM Phosphate stock in Assay Buffer. The standard curve has a range of 0.078 to 5 nmol per well.
- Prepare reaction mixture containing 0.4 mM PAPS, 30 mM GlcNAc, and 20 μg/mL Coupling Phosphatase 3 in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute rmCHST7 to 10 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Load 50 µL of each dilution of the standard curve into a plate. Include a curve blank containing 50 μL of Assay Buffer.
- Load 25 µL of the 10 µg/mL rmCHST7 into the plate. Include a Control containing 25 µL of Assay Buffer.
- Add 25 µL of reaction mixture to the wells, excluding the standard curve.
- Cover the plate with a plate sealer and incubate at 37 °C for 20 minutes.
- Add 30 µL of the Malachite Green Reagent A to all wells. Mix briefly.
- Add 100 µL of deionized water to all wells. Mix briefly.
- Add 30 µL of the Malachite Green Reagent B to all wells. Mix and incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Read plate at 620 nm (absorbance) in endpoint mode.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Phosphate released* (nmol) x (1000 pmol/nmol)|
|Incubation time (min) x amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Derived from the phosphate standard curve using linear or 4-parameter fitting and adjusted for Control.Per Reaction:
- rmCHST7: 0.25 μg
- Coupling phosphatase 3: 0.5 μg
- PAPS: 0.2 mM
- GlcNAc: 15 mM
Background: Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 7/CHST7
The CHST family is comprised of 14 genes in both human and mouse. All members of this family are Golgi‑localized type II membrane proteins. Only the luminal and enzymatic domain is expressed in each of our recombinant CHST proteins. These enzymes transfer sulfate (i.e., sulfonate) onto the 6‑O or 4‑O positions of GalNAc, Gal and GlcNAc residues on glycoproteins, proteoglycans and glycolipids (1). This sulfation often creates specific epitopes that can be recognized by extracellular matrix proteins, cell surface receptors and viruses (2). CHST7, also designated as chondroitin 6‑O‑sulfotransferase (C6ST‑2), N‑acetylglucosamine-6‑O‑sulfotransferase (GlcNAc6ST-4) and Gal/GalNAc/GlcNAc 6‑O‑sulfotransferase (GST‑5), was previously shown to act on chondroitin sulfate, mannose‑linked GlcNAc and mucin associated GlcNAc residues (3‑5). The amino acid sequence of mouse CHST7 is 87% identical to that of the human counterpart. The enzymatic activity of the recombinant mouse CHST7 was measured using a phosphatase-coupled assay (6).
- Hemmerich, S. and Rosen, S. (2000) Glycobiology 10:849.
- Bowman, K. G. and Bertozzi, C. R. (1999) Chem. Biol. 5:447.
- Kitagawa, H. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:21075.
- Uchimura, K. et al. (2000) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 274:291.
- Bhakta, S. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:40226.
- Prather, B. et al. (2012) Anal. Biochem. 423:86.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Protein Purification Kits
Sulfotransferase Assays and Substrates
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse CHST7 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse CHST7 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse CHST7 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image