CometAssay Electrophoresis Starter Kit
CometAssay Electrophoresis Starter Kit Summary
• Specially treated slides to promote agarose adherence
• Ready to use low melt agarose (LMAgarose) in convenient size
• Lysis Solution suitable for either alkaline or neutral comet assay
• Optimized electrophoresis conditions
What is the CometAssay?
The Comet assay, or single cell gel electrophoresis assay, provides a simple and effective method for evaluating DNA damage in cells. The principle of the assay is based upon the ability of denatured, cleaved DNA fragments to migrate out of the nucleoid under the influence of an electric field, whereas undamaged DNA migrates slower and remains within the confines of the nucleoid when a current is applied. Evaluation of the DNA “comet” tail shape and migration pattern allows for assessment of DNA damage. The general Comet assay protocol includes first immobilizing cells in a bed of low melting point agarose, gently lysing the cells, treating cells with neutral or alkali solutions to unwind and denature the DNA as well as hydrolyze sites of damage. DNA is then subjected to electrophoresis and stained with a fluorescent DNA intercalating dye.
Why Use the CometAssay Electrophoresis Starter Kit?
CometAssay Electrophoresis Starter Kit offers a complete standardized system for the comet assay which includes a 50 test sample Reagent Kit (25 x 2 well slides), Alkaline Control Cells, and the CometAssay Electrophoresis System II for consistent and reproducible results. Each lot of the Alkaline Control Cells, reagents and CometSlides are tested and qualified for use in the CometAssay ES II.
• CometAssay Electrophoresis System
• CometAssay Lysis Solution
• CometAssay LMAgarose
• CometSlides (2 Well, 25 Slides)
• 200 mM EDTA, pH 10
• CometAssay Alkaline Control Cells < /br>Note: The components for this kit may require different storage/shipping temperatures and may arrive in separate packaging.
- CometAssay Electrophoresis System
- CometAssay Lysis Solution
- CometAssay LMAgarose
- CometSlides (2 Well, 25 Slides)
- 200 mM EDTA, pH 10
- CometAssay Alkaline Control Cells < /br>Note: The components for this kit may require different storage/shipping temperatures and may arrive in separate packaging.
For research use only. Not for diagnositic use.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all FAQs
Reviews for CometAssay Electrophoresis Starter Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review CometAssay Electrophoresis Starter Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used CometAssay Electrophoresis Starter Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image