Human Butyrylcholinesterase/BCHE Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Cell Lysates, Tissue Lysates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Saliva, Urine, Human Milk
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of human BCHE spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||99||94-105|
|Cell Lysis Buffer 1 (n=2)||99||96-102|
Human Butyrylcholinesterase/BCHE ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Butyrylcholinesterase (BCHE) is a major acetylcholine hydrolyzing enzyme in the circulation. Although it is present in significant amounts (~3 mg/L) in human plasma, no endogenous physiological substrate has been described for this enzyme. It can degrade a large number of ester-containing compounds in addition to acylcholines. Thus, it is likely to play significant pharmacological and toxicological roles. It is thought to be involved in the pathological process of Alzheimer's disease (AD) by depleting acetylcholine. In contrast to ACHE, it attenuates amyloid fibril formation in vitro. BCHE inhibitors have been used to delay symptoms of AD patients by virtue of their ability to enhance acetylcholine availability. Its involvement in a cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway connect BCHE and ACHE with a possible marker of low-grade systemic inflammation observed in Type-2 diabetes, obesity, hypertension, coronary heart disease, and AD. BCHE can exist in monomeric and multimeric forms. The expressed recombinant mouse BCHE contains multiple forms that consist of soluble monomers, dimers, and tetramers.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Human Butyrylcholinesterase/BCHE Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
Does butyrylcholinesterase mediate exercise-induced and meal-induced suppression in acylated ghrelin?
Authors: G Li, Y Tataka, K Kamemoto, H Wen, K Yamanaka, C Nagayama, M Miyashita
Endocrine journal, 2022;0(0):.
Sample Types: Plasma
Serum Level and Activity of Butylcholinesterase: A Biomarker for Post-Stroke Dementia
Authors: YC Chen, WH Chou, CP Fang, TH Liu, HH Tsou, Y Wang, YL Liu
J Clin Med, 2019;8(11):.
Sample Types: Plasma
Adeno-associated virus-mediated expression of human butyrylcholinesterase to treat organophosphate poisoning
Authors: V Gupta, CL Cadieux, D McMenamin, CA Medina-Jas, M Arif, O Ahonkhai, E Wielechows, M Taheri, Y Che, T Goode, MP Limberis, M Li, DM Cerasoli, AP Tretiakova, JM Wilson
PLoS ONE, 2019;14(11):e0225188.
Species: Transgenic Mouse
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Butyrylcholinesterase/BCHE Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Butyrylcholinesterase/BCHE Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Butyrylcholinesterase/BCHE Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image