Human Cathepsin S Antibody
Human Cathepsin S Antibody Summary
Accession # P25774
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Cathepsin S
Cathepsin S is a lysosomal cysteine protease of the papain family (1). It plays a major role in the processing of the MHC class II-associated invariant chain (2). It has been implicated in the pathogenesis of several diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and degenerative disorders associated with the cells of the mononuclear phagocytic system (1). Human Cathepsin S is synthesized as a preproenzyme of 331 amino acid residues consisting a signal peptide (residues 1‑16), a pro region (residues 17‑114), and the mature enzyme (residues 115‑331) (3‑5). Cathepsin S is less abundant in tissues than Cathepsins B, L and H. The highest levels have been found in lymph nodes, spleen, macrophages and other phagocytic cells.
- Kirschke, H. (2004) in Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes (ed. Barrett, A.J. et al.) pp. 1104, Academic Press, San Diego.
- Turk, V. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20:4629.
- Shi, G.P. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:7258.
- Shi, G.P. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:11530.
- Wiederanders, B. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:13708.
Citation for Human Cathepsin S Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
An Immunosensor for the Determination of Cathepsin S in Blood Plasma by Array SPRi-A Comparison of Analytical Properties of Silver-Gold and Pure Gold Chips
Authors: P Falkowski, P Mrozek, Z Lukaszewsk, L Oldak, E Gorodkiewi
Sample Types: Plasma
Applications: Surface Plasmon Resonance
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Cathepsin S Antibody
Average Rating: 3.7 (Based on 3 Reviews)
Have you used Human Cathepsin S Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image