Human Cystatin C Biotinylated Antibody
Human Cystatin C Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P01034
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Cystatin C
Cystatin C is a member of family 2 of the Cystatin superfamily (1). It is involved in processes such as tumor invasion and metastasis, inflammation and some neurological diseases. It inhibits many cysteine proteases such as papain and cathepsins B, H, K, L and S (2, 3). It is ubiquitous in human tissues and body fluids. A point mutation in the gene coding for the 120 amino acid mature Cystatin C causes a hereditary form of amyloid angiopathy in which the protein variant (Leu68 to Gln) is deposited in the cerebral arteries, leading to fatal cerebral hemorrhage (4). Cystatin C may have additional clinical applications. For example, it is a good marker for glomerular filtration rate (5).
- Reed, C.H. (2000) British J. Biomed. Sci. 57:323.
- Janowski, R. et al. (2001) Nat. Struct. Biol. 8:316.
- Abrahamson, M. (1994) Methods Enzymol. 244:685.
- Abrahamson, M. et al. (1992) Hum. Genet. 89:377.
- Laterza, O.F. et al. (2002) Clin. Chem. 48:699.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Cystatin C Biotinylated Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Cystatin C Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image