Human Fetuin B Biotinylated Antibody
Human Fetuin B Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9UGM5
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Fetuin B
Fetuins are members of the cystatin superfamily of cysteine protease inhibitors (1‑3). Additional members of this superfamily are kininogen and histidine-rich glycoprotein. Fetuin A and B are two known members of the fetuin family. Hepatocytes are believed to be the principal cellular source, but other cell types also express it (4, 5). Fetuin A, also known as alpha 2-Heremans-Schmid glycoprotein, is an inhibitor of basic calcium phosphate precipitation and a negative acute-phase protein (6, 7). Normal circulating levels of Fetuin A in adults (300‑600 ug/mL) fall significantly (30‑50%) during injury and infection (7). Fetuin B is a newer member whose function is not fully characterized (1, 2). Fetuin A and B display similarities and differences in their characteristics. Fetuin B exhibits reduction of calcification, while both mRNA levels were down‑regulated during the acute phase in inflammation-induced rats (4). However, they share only 20% amino acid sequence identity (2). The amounts of Fetuin B in human serum, unlike Fetuin A, vary with gender and are higher in females than in males (4).
- Oliver, E. et al. (1999) Genomics. 57:352.
- Oliver, E. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 350:589.
- Kellemann, J. et al. 1989, J. Biol. Chem. 264:14121.
- Denecke, B. et al. (2003) Biochem. J. 376:135.
- Schäfer, C. et al. (2003) J. Clin. Invest. 112:357.
- Dziegielewska, K. M. et al. (1996) Histochem. Cell Biol. 106:319.
- Gangneux, C. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res. 31:5957.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Fetuin B Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Fetuin B Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Fetuin B Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image