Human IGFBP-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of IGFBP-2 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=8)||100||88-113|
Human IGFBP-2 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
The superfamily of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding proteins include the six high-affinity IGF binding proteins (IGFBP) and at least four additional low-affinity binding proteins referred to as IGFBP related proteins (IGFBP-rP). All IGFBP superfamily members are cysteine-rich proteins with conserved cysteine residues, which are clustered in the amino- and carboxy-terminal thirds of the molecule. IGFBPs modulate the biological activities of IGF proteins. Some IGFBPs may also have intrinsic bioactivity that is independent of their ability to bind IGF proteins. Post-translational modifications of IGFBP, including glycosylation, phosphorylation and proteolysis, have been shown to modify the affinities of the binding proteins to IGF. ALS (Acid Labile Subunit) is a liver-derived protein that exists in a ternary complex with Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF)-binding Protein-3 (IGFBP-3) or IGFBP-5, and either IGF-I or IGF-II. ALS increases the half-life of IGF/IGFBP complexes in circulation.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Human IGFBP-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
CD44 expression in endothelial colony-forming cells regulates neurovascular trophic effect
Authors: S Sakimoto, V Marchetti, E Aguilar, K Lee, Y Usui, S Murinello, F Bucher, JK Trombley, R Fallon, R Wagey, C Peters, EL Scheppke, PD Westenskow, M Friedlande
JCI Insight, 2017;2(2):e89906.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Temporal profiles of plasma proteome during childhood development
Authors: Qibin Zhang
J Proteomics, 2016;152(0):321-328.
Sample Types: Plasma
Chronic hyperglycemia induces trans-differentiation of human pancreatic stellate cells and enhances the malignant molecular communication with human pancreatic cancer cells.
Authors: Kiss K, Baghy K, Spisak S, Szanyi S, Tulassay Z, Zalatnai A, Lohr J, Jesenofsky R, Kovalszky I, Firneisz G
PLoS ONE, 2015;10(5):e0128059.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human IGFBP-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human IGFBP-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human IGFBP-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image