Human/Mouse/Rat Phospho-CREB (S133) Cell-Based ELISA
Human/Mouse/Rat Phospho-CREB (S133) Cell-Based ELISA Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
* Alternatively, this assay can be run over two days, which requires 2 hours 30 mins (day 1) and 4 hours (day 2).
R&D Systems Cell-Based ELISAs simultaneously measure the levels of two proteins in the same microplate well in whole, fixed cells, eliminating the need for lysate preparation. These simple, sensitive assays can be used with both adherent and non-adherent cells to analyze protein phosphorylation or assess total protein levels.
Cell-Based ELISA Kits are available in two formats: phospho-protein kits contain antibodies to measure both the phosphorylated and the total protein, while total protein kits contain antibodies to the protein of interest and a second housekeeping protein. These two proteins are simultaneously detected in the same microplate well, allowing signals derived from the target protein to be normalized to that of the second protein. This permits corrections for well-to-well variation and allows target protein levels to be accurately assessed and compared across multiple samples. This Phospho-
- No lysate preparation required
- Results with as few as 10,000 cells per well
- Measure two proteins simultaneously in the same well
- Ideal for measuring phosphorylation
- Design allows for normalization of well-to-well variations
- Complete kits require minimal optimization
- Suitable for high-throughput analysis of non-adherent cells
- Excellent alternative to Western blot and/or sandwich ELISA
- 96-well Microplate
- Primary antibody for target protein
- Primary antibody for normalization protein
- HRP-conjugated secondary antibody
- AP-conjugated secondary antibody
- HRP Substrate F1
- AP Substrate F2
- Blocking Buffer
- Fixing Solution 1
- Wash Buffer
- Plate Sealers
OTHER REAGENTS REQUIRED
- 30% H2O2 (Sigma, Catalog # H1009). Refer to MSDS prior to use
- 1X PBS (Irvine Scientific, Catalog # 9240)
- Deionized or distilled water
- Pipettes and pipette tips
- Multi-channel pipette for washing
- Cell culture incubator
- Microfuge tubes
- Orbital shaker
- Fluorescence plate reader with two channels: excitation 540 nm/emission 600 nm and excitation 360 nm/emission 450 nm
Preparation and Storage
The cAMP Response Element-Binding Protein (CREB) belongs to the bZIP superfamily of transcription factors, containing a basic domain that mediates DNA binding, and a leucine zipper domain that facilitates dimerization. Within the promoter of target genes, CREB dimers bind cAMP response elements, defined by the palindromic consensus sequence TGACGTCA. When phosphorylated at S133, CREB also binds the coactivator CREB binding protein (CBP), which enhances transcription by acetylating histones to facilitate chromatin unraveling.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Reviews for Human/Mouse/Rat Phospho-CREB (S133) Cell-Based ELISA
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human/Mouse/Rat Phospho-CREB (S133) Cell-Based ELISA and earn rewards!
Have you used Human/Mouse/Rat Phospho-CREB (S133) Cell-Based ELISA?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image