Human PCPE-1 Antibody
Human PCPE-1 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q15113
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Procollagen C‑endopeptidase enhancers, known as PCPEs or PCOLCEs, are secreted extracellular matrix glycoproteins that consist of two CUB domains and one NTR domain. They are known to stimulate enzymatic cleavage of procollagens I ‑ III by the BMP‑1/tolloid family of metalloproteases, also known as procollagen C‑proteinases (1). PCPE‑1 is expressed primarily by interstitial connective tissues such as tendons, calvaria, and skin (2). Although BMP‑1/tolloid proteinases are involved in processing of multiple extracellular proteins, the enhancer activity of PCPE‑1 is specific to procollagens since it has no effect on BMP‑1/tolloid cleavage of other substrates (3). It is thought that PCPE‑1 enhances cleavage of procollagens by binding to the substrate and inducing a conformation change in the substrate (3), although interaction between PCPE‑1 and full‑length BMP‑1/tolloid proteinases has also been reported (4).
- Steiglitz, B.M. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:49820.
- Kessler, E. et al. (1990) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 173:81.
- Moali, C. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:24188.
- Ge, G. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:10786.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human PCPE-1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human PCPE-1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human PCPE-1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image