Human PTP1B Antibody
Human PTP1B Antibody Summary
Accession # P18031
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) is an enzyme that removes phosphate groups covalently attached to tyrosine residues in proteins. This ubiquitously expressed enzyme is anchored in the endoplasmic reticulum by its C-terminal end and has its catalytic regions exposed to the cytosol. The recombinant protein lacks the C-terminal 114 amino acids but is fully active. PTP1B will dephosphorylate a wide variety of phosphoproteins, such as receptors for the growth factors insulin and epidermal growth factor (EGF), c-Src and beta -catenin. Of particular interest is the observation that PTP1B knock-out mice are resistant to high-caloric intake-induced obesity and have exaggerated insulin responses, suggesting that PTP1B may play an important role in regulating growth factor responsiveness.
- Angers-Loustau, et al. (1999) Biochem. Cell Biol. 77:493.
- Sarmiento, et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:26368.
- Bjorge, et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 52:41439.
- Balsamo, et al. (1996) J. Cell Biol. 134:801.
- Elchebly, et al. (1999) Science 283:1544.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Human PTP1B Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human PTP1B Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human PTP1B Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image