Human Thrombopoietin/Tpo Antibody Summary
Accession # P40225
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Cell Proliferation Induced by Thrombopoietin and Neutralization by Human Thrombopoietin Antibody. Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin/Tpo (Catalog # 288-TP) stimulates proliferation in the MO7e human megakaryocytic leukemic cell line in a dose-dependent manner (orange line). Proliferation elicited by Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin/Tpo (10 ng/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Goat Anti‑Human Thrombopoietin/Tpo Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AB-288-NA). The ND50 is typically 5-10 µg/mL.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Thrombopoietin (Tpo), is a key regulator of megakaryocytopoiesis and thrombopoiesis. It is principally produced in the liver and is bound and internalized by the receptor Tpo R/c-mpl. Defects in the Tpo-Tpo R signaling pathway are associated with a variety of platelet disorders (1 - 3). The 353 amino acid (aa) human Tpo precursor is cleaved to yield the 332 aa mature protein. Mature human Tpo shares approximately 70% aa sequence homology with mouse and rat Tpo. It is an 80‑85 kDa protein that consists of an N-terminal domain with homology to Erythropoietin (Epo) and a C-terminal domain that contains multiple N-linked and O-linked glycosylation sites (4, 5). Tissue specific alternate splicing of human Tpo generates multiple isoforms with internal deletions, insertions, and/or C-terminal substitutions (6). Tpo promotes the differentiation, proliferation, and maturation of MK and their progenitors (4, 5, 7). Several other cytokines can promote these functions as well but only in cooperation with Tpo (8, 9). Notably, IL-3 independently induces MK development, although its effects are restricted to early in the MK lineage (8, 9). Tpo additionally promotes platelet production, aggregation, ECM adhesion, and activation (10, 13). It is cleaved by platelet-derived thrombin following Arg191 within the C‑terminal domain and subsequently at other sites upon extended digestion (14). Full length Tpo and shorter forms circulate in the plasma (4, 5). The C‑terminal domain is not required for binding to Tpo R or inducing MK growth and differentiation (5). Aside from its hematopoietic effects, Tpo is expressed in the brain where it promotes the apoptosis of hypoxia-sensitized neurons and inhibits neuronal differentiation by blocking NGF induced signaling (15, 16).
- Deutsch, V.R. and A. Tomer (2006) Br. J. Haematol. 134:453.
- Kaushansky, K. (2005) J. Clin. Invest. 115:3339.
- Li, J. et al. (1999) Br. J. Haematol. 106:345.
- Bartley, T.D. et al. (1994) Cell 77:1117.
- de Sauvage, F.J. et al. (1994) Nature 369:533.
- Marcucci, R. and M. Romano (2008) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1782:427.
- Kaushansky, K. et al. (1994) Nature 369:568.
- Kaushansky, K. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 92:3234.
- Broudy, V.C. et al. (1995), Blood 85:1719.
- Lok, S.I. et al. (1994) Nature 369:565.
- Chen, J. et al. (1995) Blood 86:4054.
- Oda, A. et al. (1996) Blood 87:4664.
- Van Os, E. et al. (2003) Br. J. Haematol. 121:482.
- Kato, T. et al. (1997) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 94:4669.
- Ehrenreich, H. et al. (2005) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 102:862.
- Samoylenko, A. et al. (2008) Cell. Signal. 20:154.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Thrombopoietin/Tpo Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Thrombopoietin/Tpo Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Thrombopoietin/Tpo Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image