Human TIMP-4 Biotinylated Antibody
Human TIMP-4 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q99727
Human TIMP-4 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) are a family of secreted proteins that regulate the activation and proteolytic activity of the zinc enzymes known as matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). There are four known members of the family, TIMP-1, -2, -3 and -4. TIMP-4 is produced by a wide range of tissues, particularly brain, heart, ovary and skeletal muscle (1, 2). Limited studies have shown that TIMP-4 has a tumor suppressive effect against Wilm’s tumor, exhibits negative correlation with glioma maligancy and is found in breast carcinoma cells (3 - 5). TIMP-4 inhibits MMP-mediated proteolysis by forming a non-covalent binary complex with the MMP active site through its N-terminal domain. In addition, it binds to the hemopexin-like domain of pro-MMP-2 through its C-terminal domain in a manner similar to TIMP-2 (6). However, unlike TIMP-2, TIMP-4 does not promote pro-MMP-2 activation by MT1-MMP (MMP-14) (7). Although TIMP-4 is a potent inhibitor of most MMPs, it is not an effective inhibitor of ADAMs, such as TACE (8, 9).
- Greene, et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:30375.
- Leco, et al. (1997) FEBS Lett. 401:213.
- Geliker, et al. (2001) Oncogene 20:4337.
- Groft, et al. (2001) Br. J. Cancer 85:55.
- Hurst, et al. (2001) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 281:166.
- Bigg, et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:15496.
- Hernandez-Barrantes, et al. (2001) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 281:126.
- Amour, et al. (1998) FEBS Lett. 435:39.
- Liu, et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:20479.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human TIMP-4 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human TIMP-4 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human TIMP-4 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image