Mouse Cystatin E/M Antibody
Mouse Cystatin E/M Antibody Summary
Accession # NP_082899
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Cystatin E/M
Cystatin E/M is a member of family 2 of the cystatin superfamily (1 ‑ 6). It is required for viability and for correct formation of cornified layers in the epidermis and hair follicles, as ichq mice with a null mutation in the cystatin E/M gene have defects in epidermal cornification and die between 5 and 12 days of age (7). Cystatin E/M expression and function may not be limited to cutaneous epithelia. For example, it is found in rat brain and is induced during neuronal cell differentiation (8). In addition to being a cysteine protease inhibitor, the human cystatin E/M is also a substrate for transglutaminases (9).
- Carninci, P. and Y. Hayashizaki (1999) Meth. Enzymol. 303:19.
- Carninci, P. et al. (2000) Genome Res. 10:1617.
- Shibata, K. et al. (2000) Genome Res. 10:1757.
- Kawai, J. et al. (2001) Nature 409:685.
- Sotiropoulou, G. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:903.
- Ni, J. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:10853.
- Zeeuwen, P.L. et al. (2002) Hum. Mol. Genet. 11:2867.
- Hong, J. et al. (2002) J. Neurochem. 81:922.
- Zeeuwen, P.L. et al. (2001) J. Invest. Dermatol. 116:693.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse Cystatin E/M Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 2 Reviews)
Have you used Mouse Cystatin E/M Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image