Mouse Periostin/OSF-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of mouse Periostin spiked to three levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Samples (n=6)||95||81-117|
Mouse Periostin/OSF-2 Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Periostin, also known as OSF-2, is a secreted matricellular protein with functions in extracellular matrix formation, cell migration, and inflammation. It is secreted as a 90 kDa monomer that can aggregate into >170 kDa higher-order multimers. Periostin is expressed by mesenchymal cells such as vascular smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts, osteoblasts, and odontoblasts in developing teeth. It is upregulated in many carcinomas. Periostin binds to multiple Integrins and enhances cell adhesion and cell migration. It enhances Fibronectin and Collagen I production and promotes collagen fibrillogenesis. It also induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition, tumor growth, invasion, and metastasis. Periostin induces the expression of VEGF R2 on endothelial cells and VEGF-C in tumor cells, and it can induce tumor lymphangiogenesis. Periostin plays an important role in heart valve development and tissue healing after myocardial infarction. In asthma, it is upregulated in bronchial epithelium and plays both destructive and protective roles by inducing eosinophil infiltration and inhibiting goblet cell metaplasia and mucus production.
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 4 times for a total of 5 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 5 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citation for Mouse Periostin/OSF-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Macrophage-secreted granulin supports pancreatic cancer metastasis by inducing liver fibrosis
Authors: SR Nielsen, V Quaranta, A Linford, P Emeagi, C Rainer, A Santos, L Ireland, T Sakai, K Sakai, YS Kim, D Engle, F Campbell, D Palmer, JH Ko, DA Tuveson, E Hirsch, A Mielgo, MC Schmid
Nat Cell Biol, 2016;0(0):.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse Periostin/OSF-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Periostin/OSF-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Periostin/OSF-2 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image