Mouse/Rat FABP1/L-FABP Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of FABP1 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||95||90-100|
|Mouse Urine (n=4)||96||86-108|
|Rat EDTA Plasma (n=4)||94||84-107|
|Rat Heparin Plasma (n=4)||100||92-111|
|Rat Serum (n=4)||100||87-116|
|Rat Urine (n=4)||99||95-105|
Mouse/Rat FABP1/L-FABP ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Fatty Acid Binding Protein 1, also known as liver FABP, is a cytoplasmic transporter for long chain fatty acids, oxidized/peroxidized fatty acids, cholesterol, heme, Vitamin K, steroids, acyl CoA, leukotrienes, and prostaglandins. It is expressed by hepatocytes, simple columnar epithelium of the small intestine, and renal proximal tubule epithelium. FABP1 trafficks between the cytosol, peroxisomes, and nucleus. It delivers fatty acid cargo to the transcription factor PPAR alpha, leading to increased production of enzymes involved in the beta-oxidation of fatty acids. FABP1 also plays a role in the formation of prechylomicron vesicles by the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 4 times for a total of 5 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 5 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Mouse/Rat FABP1/L-FABP Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
Protected graft copolymer-formulated fibroblast growth factors mitigate the lethality of partial body irradiation injury
Authors: GM Castillo, A Nishimoto-, CC Jones, KK Kabirov, A Zakharov, AV Lyubimov
PLoS ONE, 2017;12(2):e0171703.
Sample Types: Plasma
Sex differences in the excretion levels of traditional and novel urinary biomarkers of nephrotoxicity in rats
Authors: S Tsuji, M Sugiura, S Tsutsumi, H Yamada
J Toxicol Sci, 2017;42(5):615-627.
Sample Types: Urine
An Atherogenic Paigen-Diet Aggravates Nephropathy in Type 2 Diabetic OLETF Rats.
Authors: Nozako M, Koyama T, Nagano C, Sato M, Matsumoto S, Mitani K, Yasufuku R, Kohashi M, Yoshikawa T
PLoS ONE, 2015;10(11):e0143979.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse/Rat FABP1/L-FABP Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse/Rat FABP1/L-FABP Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse/Rat FABP1/L-FABP Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image