Mouse Thrombomodulin/BDCA-3 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of mouse Thrombomodulin spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||104||91-115|
Mouse Thrombomodulin/BDCA-3 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Thrombomodulin (TM), also known as CD141 and BDCA3, is a transmembrane expressed on vascular endothelial cells (EC), arterial smooth muscle cells, monocytes, and macrophages. It binds Thrombin and enhances the Thrombin-mediated activation of the anti-coagulant Protein C and the anti-fibrinolytic TAFI/Carboxypeptidase B2. Thrombomodulin also inhibits the ability of Thrombin to activate several pro-coagulant proteins (e.g. Fibrinogen, Factor V, Factor XIII, PAR-1). Thrombomodulin exerts multiple anti-inflammatory effects and reduces the severity of disease involving chronic inflammation. In cancer, Thrombomodulin suppresses tumor angiogenesis, growth, and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Soluble fragments of Thrombomodulin are elevated in the serum, urine, and synovial fluid during coagulation disorders, inflammation, and organ failure.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Mouse Thrombomodulin/BDCA-3 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Impact of chronic smoking on traumatic brain microvascular injury: An in vitro study
Authors: F Sivandzade, F Alqahtani, L Cucullo
Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2021;0(0):.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
The cerebrovascular and neurological impact of chronic smoking on post-traumatic brain injury outcome and recovery: an in vivo study
Authors: F Sivandzade, F Alqahtani, A Sifat, L Cucullo
J Neuroinflammation, 2020;17(1):133.
Sample Types: Serum
Offsetting the impact of smoking and e-cigarette vaping on the cerebrovascular system and stroke injury: Is Metformin a viable countermeasure?
Authors: MA Kaisar, H Villalba, S Prasad, T Liles, AE Sifat, RK Sajja, TJ Abbruscato, L Cucullo
Redox Biol, 2017;13(0):353-362.
Sample Types: Plasma
Role of Nrf2 and protective effects of Metformin against tobacco smoke-induced cerebrovascular toxicity
Authors: S Prasad, RK Sajja, MA Kaisar, JH Park, H Villalba, T Liles, T Abbruscato, L Cucullo
Redox Biol, 2017;12(0):58-69.
Sample Types: Plasma
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse Thrombomodulin/BDCA-3 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Thrombomodulin/BDCA-3 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Thrombomodulin/BDCA-3 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image