Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of rat TIM-1 spiked to three levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Supernates (n=5)||96||93-99|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||99||84-107|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||102||95-114|
Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
TIM-1 (T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain 1), also known as KIM-1 and HAVcr1, is expressed on many immune cell types and epithelial cells. It binds to phosphatidylserine (PS), LMIR5/CD300b, TIM-1 (homophilic), TIM-4, IgA, and the glycoproteins of a number of enveloped viruses. Its interaction with PS enables TIM-1 to mediate the phagocytosis and clearance of apoptotic cells. TIM-1 signaling costimulates T cell activation and enhances Th2 cytokine production. TIM-1 serves as a cellular entry receptor for hepatitis A virus, Ebolavirus and Marburgvirus. Polymorphisms are associated with susceptibility to atopy, autoimmunity, and severe hepatitis A virus infection in humans. A soluble form of TIM-1 is elevated in the urine during nephropathy.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 4 times for a total of 5 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 5 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning and the role of NADPH oxidase inhibition in postischemic acute kidney injury induced in spontaneously hypertensive rats
Authors: S Kovacevic, M Ivanov, Z Miloradovi, P Brkic, UJ Vajic, M Zivotic, N Mihailovic, D Jovovic, D Karanovic, R Jeremic, J Nesovic-Os
PLoS ONE, 2020;15(1):e0226974.
Sample Types: Plasma
Consequences of advanced aging on renal function in chronic hyperandrogenemic female rat model: implications for aging women with polycystic ovary syndrome
Authors: CN Patil, LC Racusen, JF Reckelhoff
Physiol Rep, 2017;5(20):.
Sample Types: Urine
Nephroprotective effects of (-)-?-bisabolol against ischemic-reperfusion acute kidney injury
Authors: Alice Maria Costa Martins
Sample Types: Plasma
Effects of Schizolobium parahyba extract on experimental Bothrops venom-induced acute kidney injury.
Authors: Martines M, Mendes M, Shimizu M, Melo Rodrigues V, de Castro I, Filho S, Malheiros D, Yu L, Burdmann E
PLoS ONE, 2014;9(2):e86828.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image