Recombinant Human Active Blk Protein, CF Summary
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied in 50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 0.25 mM DTT, 10 mM glutathione, 0.1 mM EDTA, 0.1 mM PMSF, and 25% glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with dry ice or equivalent. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||This product is stable at ≤ ‑70°C for up to 1 year from the date of receipt. For optimal storage, aliquot into smaller quantities after centrifugation and store at recommended temperature. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.|
- Active Kinase - Active Blk (0.1 μg/μL) diluted with Kinase Dilution Buffer. Note: These are suggested working dilutions. Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application.
- Kinase Assay Buffer II - 25 mM MOPS, pH 7.2, 12.5 mM beta -glycerolphosphate, 20 mM MgCl2, 25 mM MnCl2, 5 mM EGTA, 2 mM EDTA. Add 0.25 mM DTT to the Kinase Assay Buffer prior to use.
- Kinase Dilution Buffer - Kinase Assay Buffer II diluted at a 1:4 ratio (5X dilution) with distilled water.
- 10 mM ATP Stock Solution - Prepare the ATP Stock Solution by dissolving 55 mg of ATP in 10 mL of Kinase Assay Buffer II. Store 200 μL& aliquots at ≤ -20 °C.
- [33P]-ATP Assay Cocktail - Prepare 250 μM [33P]-ATP Assay Cocktail in a designated radioactive work area by combining 150 μL of 10 mM ATP Stock Solution, 100 μL of [33P]-ATP (1 mCi/100 μL), and 5.75 mL of Kinase Assay Buffer II. Store 1 mL aliquots at ≤ -20 °C.
- Substrate - Poly (4:1 Glu:Tyr) synthetic peptide substrate diluted in distilled water to a final concentration of 1 mg/mL.
- Thaw the [33P]-ATP Assay Cocktail in a shielded container in a designated radioactive work area.
- Thaw the Active Blk, Kinase Assay Buffer II, Substrate, and Kinase Dilution Buffer on ice.
- In a pre-cooled microfuge tube, add the following reaction components bringing the initial reaction volume up to 20 μL:
a. Diluted Active Blk: 10 μL
b. Poly Substrate (1 mg/mL on ice): 5 μL
c. Distilled water: 5μL
- Set up the blank control as outlined in step 3, excluding the addition of the substrate. Replace the substrate with an equal volume of distilled water.
- Initiate the reaction with the addition of 5 μL [33P]-ATP Assay Cocktail, bringing the final volume up to 25 μL and incubate the mixture in a water bath at 30 °C for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minute incubation period, terminate the reaction by spotting 20 μL of the reaction mixture onto individual pre-cut strips of phosphocellulose P81 paper.
- Air dry the pre-cut P81 strip and sequentially wash in a 1% phosphoric acid solution (add 10 mL of phosphoric acid to 990 mL of distilled water) with constant gentle stirring. It is recommended that the strips be washed a total of three times for approximately 10 minutes each.
- Count the radioactivity on the P81 paper in the presence of scintillation fluid in a scintillation counter
- Determine the corrected cpm by subtracting the blank control value (see step 4) for each sample and calculate the kinase specific activity as outlined below.
Calculation of [33P]-ATP Specific Activity (SA) (cpm/pmol)
Specific Activity (SA) = cpm for 5 μL [33P]-ATP/pmol of ATP (in 5 μL of a 250 μM ATP stock solution; i.e. 1250 pmol)
Calculation of Kinase Specific Activity (SA) (pmol/minutes/μg or nmol/minutes/mg)
Corrected cpm from reaction / [(SA of 33P-ATP in cpm/pmol) x (Reaction time in minutes) x (Enzyme amount in μg or mg)] x [(Reaction volume) / (Spot Volume)]
The approximate molecular weight is 84 kDa and the purity is > 90%.
Blk, also known as B lymphoid kinase, is a 55 kDa tyrosine kinase with SH3, SH2, and catalytic domains that contain consensus sequences of the Src protein tyrosine kinase family. Blk is expressed specifically in the B cell lineage and plays a role in the signal transduction pathway that is restricted to B lymphoid cells (1). Stimulation of resting B-lymphocytes with antibodies to surface immunoglobulin (sIgD or sIgM) induces activation of Blk (2).
- Dymecki, S.M. et al. (1990) Science 247:332.
- Burkhardt, A.L. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88:7410.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human Active Blk Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Active Blk Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Active Blk Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image