Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L GMP Protein, CF New
Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L GMP Protein, CF Summary
The specific activity of Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L is approximately 924 U/μg, which is calibrated against recombinant human Flt-3 Ligand WHO Standard (NIBSC code: 96/532).
Produced in an animal-free laboratory. Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100-500 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L (Catalog # 308E-GMP) stimulates cell proliferation in the BaF3 mouse pro-B cell line transfected with mouse Flt-3. The ED50for this effect is 0.2-1 ng/mL. Three independent lots were tested for activity and plotted on the same graph to show lot-to-lot consistency of GMP Flt‑3 Ligand/FLT3L.
2 μg/lane of GMP-grade Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L (Catalog # 308E-GMP) was resolved with SDS-PAGE under reducing (R) and non-reducing (NR) conditions and visualized by Coomassie® blue staining, showing bands at 15-17 kDa and 12-14 kDa, respectively.
Background: Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L
Flt‑3 Ligand, also known as FLT3L, is an alpha-helical cytokine that promotes the differentiation of multiple hematopoietic cell lineages (1-3). Mature human Flt‑3 Ligand consists of a 158 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with a cytokine-like domain and a juxtamembrane tether region, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 30 aa cytoplasmic tail (4-7). Within the ECD, human Flt‑3 Ligand shares 71% and 65% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat Flt‑3 Ligand, respectively (4-6). The human and mouse Flt‑3 Ligand proteins show cross-species activity. Flt-3 Ligand is also structurally related to M-CSF and SCF. Flt-3 Ligand is widely expressed in various human and mouse tissues. It is expressed as a noncovalently-linked dimer by T cells and bone marrow and thymic fibroblasts (1, 8). Each 36 kDa chain of the Flt-3 Ligand dimer carries approximately 12 kDa of N- and O-linked carbohydrates (8). Alternate splicing and proteolytic cleavage of the transmembrane form of the Flt-3 Ligand protein can generate a soluble 30 kDa fragment that includes the cytokine-like domain (4, 8). Alternate splicing of human Flt‑3 Ligand also generates membrane-associated isoforms that contain either a truncated cytoplasmic tail or an 85 aa substitution following the cytokine-like domain in the ECD of the Flt-3 Ligand protein (4, 5, 8). Both transmembrane and soluble forms of Flt‑3 Ligand signal through the tyrosine kinase receptor Flt-3/Flk-2 (3, 4, 6, 7). Flt‑3 Ligand induces the expansion of monocytes and immature dendritic cells as well as early B cell lineage differentiation (2, 9). Additionally, Flt-3 Ligand synergizes with IL-3, GM-CSF, and SCF to promote the mobilization and myeloid differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells (4-6). Flt-3 Ligand also cooperates with IL-2, IL-6, IL-7, and IL-15 to induce NK cell development and with IL-3, IL-7, and IL-11 to induce terminal B cell maturation (1, 10). Animal studies show that Flt‑3 Ligand reduces the severity of experimentally induced allergic inflammation (11).
- Wodnar-Filipowicz, A. (2003) News Physiol. Sci. 18:247.
- Dong, J. et al. (2002) Cancer Biol. Ther. 1:486.
- Gilliland, D.G. and J.D. Griffin (2002) Blood 100:1532.
- Hannum, C. et al. (1994) Nature 368:643.
- Lyman, S.D. et al. (1994) Blood 83:2795.
- Lyman, S.D. et al. (1993) Cell 75:1157.
- Savvides, S.N. et al. (2000) Nat. Struct. Biol. 7:486.
- McClanahan, T. et al. (1996) Blood 88:3371.
- Diener, K.R. et al. (2008) Exp. Hematol. 36:51.
- Farag, S.S. and M.A. Caligiuri (2006) Blood Rev. 20:123.
- Edwan, J.H. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:5016.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, mass spectrometry, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Animal-Free Manufacturing Conditions
Our dedicated controlled-access animal-free laboratories ensure that at no point in production are the products exposed to potential contamination by animal components or byproducts. Every stage of manufacturing is conducted in compliance with R&D Systems' stringent Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Production and purification procedures use equipment and media that are confirmed animal-free.
- All molecular biology procedures use animal-free media and dedicated labware.
- Dedicated fermentors are utilized in committed animal-free areas.
- Protein purification columns are animal-free.
- Bulk proteins are filtered using animal-free filters.
- Purified proteins are stored in animal-free containers in a dedicated cold storage room.
- Low Endotoxin Level.
- No impairment of biological activity.
- High quality product obtained under stringent conditions.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
GMP Recombinant Proteins
Reviews for Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Flt-3 Ligand/FLT3L GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image