Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin GMP Protein, CF Summary
Produced in an animal-free laboratory. Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Sodium Acetate.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100-200 μg/mL in sterile, deionized water.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin (Catalog # 288E-GMP) stimulates proliferation in the MO7e human megakaryocytic leukemic cell line. The ED50for this effect is 0.05-0.5 ng/mL. Three independent lots were tested for activity and plotted on the same graph to show lot-to-lot consistency of GMP Thrombopoietin.
2 μg/lane of GMP-grade Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin (Catalog # 288E-GMP) was resolved with SDS-PAGE under reducing (R) and non-reducing (NR) conditions and visualized by Coomassie® Blue staining, showing bands at 19 kDa and 18 kDa, respectively.
Thrombopoietin (Tpo), is a key regulator of megakaryocytopoiesis and thrombopoiesis. It is principally produced in the liver and is bound and internalized by the receptor Tpo R/c-mpl. Defects in the Tpo-Tpo R signaling pathway are associated with a variety of platelet disorders (1-3). The 353 amino acid (aa) human Tpo precursor is cleaved to yield the 332 aa mature protein. Mature human Tpo shares approximately 70% aa sequence homology with mouse and rat Tpo. It is an 80‑85 kDa protein that consists of an N‑terminal domain with homology to Erythropoietin (Epo) and a C‑terminal domain that contains multiple N‑linked and O-linked glycosylation sites (4, 5). Tissue specific alternate splicing of human Tpo generates multiple isoforms with internal deletions, insertions, and/or C‑terminal substitutions (6). Tpo promotes the differentiation, proliferation, and maturation of MK and their progenitors (4, 5, 7). Several other cytokines can promote these functions as well but only in cooperation with Tpo (8, 9). Notably, IL-3 independently induces MK development, although its effects are restricted to early in the MK lineage (8, 9). Tpo additionally promotes platelet production, aggregation, ECM adhesion, and activation (10-13). It is cleaved by platelet-derived thrombin following Arg191 within the C‑terminal domain and subsequently at other sites upon extended digestion (14). Both full length Tpo and shorter forms circulate in the plasma, with the shorter, N‑terminal EPO-like domain forms showing significantly increased specific activity (4, 5, 15). The C‑terminal domain is not required for binding to Tpo R or inducing MK growth and differentiation (5). Aside from its hematopoietic effects, Tpo is expressed in the brain where it promotes the apoptosis of hypoxia-sensitized neurons and inhibits neuronal differentiation by blocking NGF induced signaling (16, 17).
- Deutsch, V.R. and A. Tomer (2006) Br. J. Haematol. 134:453.
- Kaushansky, K. (2005) J. Clin. Invest. 115:3339.
- Li, J. et al. (1999) Br. J. Haematol. 106:345.
- Bartley, T.D. et al. (1994) Cell 77:1117.
- de Sauvage, F.J. et al. (1994) Nature 369:533.
- Marcucci, R. and M. Romano (2008) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1782:427.
- Kaushansky, K. et al. (1994) Nature 369:568.
- Kaushansky, K. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 92:3234.
- Broudy, V.C. et al. (1995) Blood 85:1719.
- Lok, S.I. et al. (1994) Nature 369:565.
- Chen, J. et al. (1995) Blood 86:4054.
- Oda, A. et al. (1996) Blood 87:4664.
- Van Os, E. et al. (2003) Br. J. Haematol. 121:482.
- Kato, T. et al. (1997) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 94:4669.
- Foster, D. & Hunt, P. (1997) Thrombopoiesis and Thrombopoietins 13:203.
- Ehrenreich, H. et al. (2005) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 102:862.
- Samoylenko, A. et al. (2008) Cell. Signal. 20:154.< /li>
Manufacturing SpecificationsR&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
R&D Systems strives to provide our customers with the analytical characteristics of each product so that customers may determine whether our products are appropriate for their research. The Certificate of Analysis provided contains the following lot specific information:
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Additional testing and documentation requested by the customer can be arranged at an additional cost. Testing may include, but is not limited to, USP< 61> bioburden testing, positive identity testing, testing for adventitious agents and testing for residual host cell content.
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo cell therapy applications. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Animal-Free Manufacturing Conditions
Our dedicated controlled-access animal-free laboratories ensure that at no point in production are the products exposed to potential contamination by animal components or byproducts. Every stage of manufacturing is conducted in compliance with R&D Systems' stringent Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Production and purification procedures use equipment and media that are confirmed animal-free.
- All molecular biology procedures use animal-free media and dedicated labware.
- Dedicated fermentors are utilized in committed animal-free areas.
- Protein purification columns are animal-free.
- Bulk proteins are filtered using animal-free filters.
- Purified proteins are stored in animal-free containers in a dedicated cold storage room.
- Low Endotoxin Level.
- No impairment of biological activity.
- High quality product obtained under stringent conditions.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image