Recombinant Human HGF (NS0-expressed) GMP Protein, CF Summary
The specific activity of recombinant human HGF is approximately 1.5 x 103 IU/μg, which is calibrated against recombinant human HGF WHO International Standard (NIBSC code: 96/564).
Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines.
Gln32-Arg-Lys-Arg-Arg-Asn-Thr-Ile-His-Glu ( alpha -chain)
Val495-Val-Asn-Gly-Ile-Pro-Thr-Arg-Thr-Asn ( beta -chain)
60-65 kDa, and 30-40 kDa, reducing conditions
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Recombinant Human HGF GMP induces IL-11 secretion by
Saos‑2 human osteosarcoma cells. The ED50 for this effect is 0.1-0.5 ng/mL.
1 μg/lane of GMP-grade Recombinant Human HGF (Catalog # 294-GMP) was resolved with SDS-PAGE under reducing (R) and non-reducing (NR) conditions and visualized by silver staining, showing R bands at 34-37 and 60-64 kDa and NR bands at 76-83 kDa, respectively.
HGF, also known as scatter factor and hepatopoietin A, is a pleiotropic protein in the plasminogen subfamily of S1 peptidases. It is a multidomain molecule that includes an N-terminal PAN/APPLE‑like domain, four Kringle domains, and a serine proteinase-like domain that has no detectable protease activity (1‑5). Human HGF is secreted as an inactive 728 amino acid (aa) single chain propeptide. It is cleaved after the fourth Kringle domain by a serine protease to form bioactive
disulfide‑linked HGF with a 60 kDa alpha and 30 kDa beta chain. Alternate splicing generates human HGF isoforms that lack the proteinase‑like domain and different numbers of the Kringle domains. Human HGF shares 91%‑94% aa sequence identity with bovine, canine, feline, mouse, and rat HGF. HGF binds heparan-sulfate proteoglycans and the widely expressed receptor tyrosine kinase, HGF R/c-MET (6, 7). HGF-dependent c-MET activation is implicated in the development of many human cancers (8). HGF regulates epithelial morphogenesis by inducing cell scattering and branching tubulogenesis (9, 10). HGF induces the up‑regulation of integrin alpha 2 beta 1 in epithelial cells by a selective increase in alpha 2 gene transcription (11). This integrin serves as a collagen I receptor, and its blockade disrupts epithelial cell branching tubulogenesis (11, 12). HGF can also alter epithelium morphology by the induction of nectin‑1 alpha ectodomain shedding, an adhesion protein component of adherens junctions (13). In the thyroid, HGF induces the proliferation, motility, and loss of differentiation markers of thyrocytes and inhibits TSH‑stimulated iodine uptake (14). HGF promotes the motility of cardiac stem cells in damaged myocardium (15).
- Karihaloo, A. et al. (2005) Nephron Exp. Nephrol. 100:e40.
- Hammond, D.E. et al. (2004) Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 286:21.
- Rosario, M. and W. Birchmeier (2004) Dev. Cell 7:3.
- Lesk, A.M. and W.D. Fordham (1996) J. Mol. Biol. 258:501.
- Nakamura, T. et al. (1989) Nature 342:440.
- Mizuno, K., et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:1131.
- Gheradi, E. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 100:12039.
- Corso, S. et al. (2005) Trends Mol. Med. 11:284.
- Maeshima, A. et al. (2000) Kid. Int. 58:1511.
- Montesano, R. et al. (1991) Cell 67:901.
- Chiu, S-J. et al. (2002) J. Biomed. Sci. 9:261.
- Saelman, E.U.M. et al. (1995) J. Cell Sci. 108:3531.
- Tanaka, Y. et al. (2002) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 299:472.
- Mineo, R. et al. (1994) Endocrinology 145:4355.
- Urbanek, K. et al. (2005) Circ. Res. 97:663.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
R&D Systems strives to provide our customers with the analytical characteristics of each product so that customers may determine whether our products are appropriate for their research. The Certificate of Analysis provided contains the following lot specific information:
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Additional testing and documentation requested by the customer can be arranged at an additional cost. Testing may include, but is not limited to, USP< 61> bioburden testing, positive identity testing, testing for adventitious agents and testing for residual host cell content.
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human HGF (NS0-expressed) GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human HGF (NS0-expressed) GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human HGF (NS0-expressed) GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image