Recombinant Human Sirtuin 3/SIRT3 Protein, CF
Recombinant Human Sirtuin 3/SIRT3 Protein, CF Summary
Ser101-Lys399, with an N-terminal Met and 6-His tag
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl, Brij-35 and Glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 25 mM Tris, 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM DTT, pH 9.0
- Stop Buffer: 50 mM Tris, 100 mM NaCl, 30% (v/v) Isopropanol, pH 8.0
- Recombinant Human Sirtuin 3/SIRT3 (rhSIRT3) (Catalog # 7488-DA)
- Fluorogenic Peptide Substrate Ac-Arg-Gly-Lys(Ac)-AMC (Catalog # ES016), 20 mM in DMSO
- beta -nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide hydrate ( beta -NAD) (Sigma, Catalog # N6522, 100 mM in diH2O)
- Recombinant Mouse Active Trypsin 3/PRSS3 (Catalog # 7235-SE)
- Nicotinamide (Sigma, Catalog # 72340, 100 mM in diH2O)
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rhSIRT3 to 40 ng/µL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 1 mM in Assay Buffer containing 2 mM beta -NAD.
- Load into plate 25 µL of 40 ng/µL rhSIRT3 in triplicate and start the reaction by adding 25 µL of 1 mM Substrate. As a control, load 25 µL of 40 ng/µL rhSIRT3 in triplicate.
- Seal plate and incubate at 37 °C for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Stop Solution by combining Recombinant Mouse Trypsin 3/PRSS3 and Nicotinamide in Stop Buffer to final concentrations of 0.2 ng/µL and 4 mM, respectively.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to all wells. To the control wells, add 25 µL of 1 mM Substrate mixture after addition of Stop Solution.
- Seal plate tightly with plate sealer and incubate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 380 nm and 460 nm (top read), respectively, in endpoint mode.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Fluorescence* (RFU) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|Incubation time (min) x amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Control
**Derived using calibration standard 7-amino, 4-Methyl Coumarin (AMC) (Sigma, Catalog # A9801).
- rhSIRT3: 1.0 µg
- Substrate: 250 µM
Background: Sirtuin 3/SIRT3
Sirtuin 3 (SIRT3) is a NAD+-dependent class III histone deacetylase. It is primarily compartmentalized to mitochondria (1) and activates mitochondrial target proteins, including ACSS1, IDH2 and GDH by deacetylating key lysine residues (2-4). SIRT3 plays an important role in regulating mitochondrial metabolism and energy production and thus has emerged as a potential therapeutic target to treat metabolic and neurological diseases (5). Polymorphisms in human SIRT3 have been linked to survivorship among the elderly, suggesting a possible involvement of SIRT3 in age-related phenomena (6).
- North, B. J. et al. (2004) Genome Biology 5:224.
- Schwer, B. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 103:11224.
- Schlicker, C. et al. (2008) J. Mol. Biol. 382:790.
- Ahn, B.-H. et al. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 105:14447.
- Jin, L. et al. (2009) J. Biol. Chem. 284: 24394.
- Rose, G. et al. (2003) Exp. Gerontol. 38: 1065.
Citation for Recombinant Human Sirtuin 3/SIRT3 Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Non-enzymatic N-acetylation of Lysine Residues by AcetylCoA Often Occurs via a Proximal S-acetylated Thiol Intermediate Sensitive to Glyoxalase II
Authors: AM James, K Hoogewijs, A Logan, AR Hall, S Ding, IM Fearnley, MP Murphy
Cell Rep, 2017;18(9):2105-2112.
Sample Types: Protein
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Fluorogenic Peptide Substrates
Reviews for Recombinant Human Sirtuin 3/SIRT3 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Sirtuin 3/SIRT3 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Sirtuin 3/SIRT3 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image