Recombinant Mouse ROBO2 Fc Chimera Protein, CF Summary
Accession # NP_780758
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 500 μg/mL in sterile PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
ROBO2 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is part of the ROBO family of guidance molecules. Mouse ROBO2 is synthesized as a 1470 amino acid (aa) precursor and has a predicted molecular weight of approximately 160 kDa. Its extracellular domain contains five C2-type Ig-like domains and three fibronectin type III domains, and shares 98% aa sequence identity with the human and rat orthologs. Alternative splicing of mouse Robo2 creates an 820 aa isoform that contains a 14 aa substitution for aa 807-946 and then terminates after this substitution. A 1527 aa isoform, termed ROBO2a, has also been identified (1). ROBO2a contains a longer signal peptide and is cleaved at a different position resulting in four extra aa in its N-terminus. It also contains an additional 42 aa that is inserted after aa 1049 (1). Mouse ROBO2 is ubiquitously expressed in embryonic and adult tissues, with the highest expression levels in the adult being seen in the brain, liver, and kidney (1-9). Mouse ROBO2a is also ubiquitously expressed during development; however, it is only expressed in the brain in adults (1). ROBO2 acts as a receptor for the Slit family of chemorepulsion molecules and facilitates Slit-mediated growth cone repulsion (5). It is highly expressed on axons that do not cross the ventral midline of the nervous system and on axons that have already crossed (9-11). As a result, Slit/ROBO2 signaling regulates guidance and midline crossing of growing axons (3, 5, 11-16). Slit/ROBO2 signaling has also been shown to mediate repulsion of neuronal cell bodies away from the floor plate during development (12). Furthermore, interactions between Slit and ROBO2 have also been shown to be critical for development of the foregut, lungs, kidney, and heart (6-8, 17, 18).
- Yue, Y. et al. (2006) Genomics 88:772.
- Piper, M. et al. (2000) Mech. Dev. 94:213.
- Erskine, L. et al. (2000) J. Neurosci. 20:4975.
- Vargesson, N. et al. (2001) Mech. Dev. 106:175.
- Guthrie, S. (2001) Curr. Biol. 11:R300.
- Greenberg, J.M. et al. (2004) Dev. Dyn. 230:350.
- Medioni, C. et al. (2010) Dev. Dyn. 239:3303.
- Domyan, E.T. et al. (2013) Dev. Cell 24:52.
- Sundaresan, V. et al. (2004) J. Comp. Neurol. 468:467.
- Rajagopalan, S. et al. (2000) Neuron 28:767.
- Mambetisaeva, E.T. et al. (2005) Dev. Dyn. 233:41.
- Kim, M. et al. (2011) Dev. Biol. 358:181.
- Fouquet, C. et al. (2007) J. Neurosci. 27:3037.
- López-Bendito, G. et al. (2007) J. Neurosci. 27:3395.
- Goldberg, D. et al. (2013) Dev. Dyn. 242:9.
- Wang, S. et al. (2013) J. Neurosci. 33:12242.
- Grieshammer, U. et al. (2004) Dev. Cell 6:709.
- Mommersteeg, M.T. et al. (2013) Circ. Res. 112:465.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse ROBO2 Fc Chimera Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse ROBO2 Fc Chimera Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse ROBO2 Fc Chimera Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image