Recombinant Mouse TDO2 His-tag Protein, CF Summary
with a C terminal 6-His tag
Recombinant Mouse TDO2 (Catalog # 10001-TD) is measured by its ability to oxidize L-tryptophan to N-formyl-kynurenine.
1 μg/lane of Recombinant Mouse TDO2 was resolved with SDS-PAGE underreducing (R) and non-reducing (NR) conditions and visualized by silver staining,showing bands at 39 kDa and 75 kDa under R conditions.
Tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO2), a heme-containing cytosolic dioxygenase, forms a homo-tetrameric active molecule of approximately 190 kDa composed of 48 kDa monomers (1, 2). Mouse TDO2 shares 89% aa sequence identity with human TDO2. TDO2 is one of three proteins capable of catalyzing the first and rate-limiting step of the L-kynurenine pathway (KP): oxidative cleavage of the essential amino acid L-tryptophan to form N formyl kynurenine (3). TDO2 is a cytosolic protein typically localized to the liver and brain, unlike the more ubiquitously expressed indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), yet it is responsible for ~90% of the primary route of catabolism of tryptophan through the KP (3). TDO2 is upregulated in extrahepatic tumors (4-6) and is consequently a target in cancer immunotherapy (7). TDO2 is a therapeutic target in brain disease such as schizophrenia, Alzheimers disease, multiple sclerosis and glioma (8-11) due to its role in the regulation of levels of critical biologically active downstream KP metabolites (3). Polymorphisms in the TDO2 gene have been implicated for a role in behavioural responses and autism (12,13).
- Lewis-Ballester, A. et al. (2016) Sci. Rep. 6:35169.
- Rafice, S.A. et al. (2009) Biochem. Soc. Trans. 37:408.
- Badawy, A. (2017) Int J. Tryptophan Res. 10:1.
- Pilotte, L. et al. (2012) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 109:2497.
- D'Amato, N.C. et al. (2015) Cancer Res. 75:4651.
- Yu, C.P et al. (2017) Med. Oncol. 34:73.
- Platten, et al. (2015) Front. Immunol. 5:673.
- Breda, C. et al. (2016) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 113:5435
- Yu, C.P. et al. (2016) Metab. Brain Dis. 31:737.
- Lanz. T.V. et al. (2017) Sci. Rep. 7:41271.
- Reus, G.Z. et al. (2018) Prog. Neuropsychopharmacol. Biol. Psychiatry 81:55.
- Soichot, M. et al. (2013) Alcohol Alcohol 48:415.
- Nabi, R. et al. (2004) Am. J. Med. Genet. B. Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 125B:63.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse TDO2 His-tag Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse TDO2 His-tag Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse TDO2 His-tag Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image