Metabolic Syndrome Signaling
This poster outlines the involvement of prominent organs in metabolic syndrome, illustrating the major pathways of lipid and glucose metabolism in these tissues.
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysfunction
- Role of stress in insulin resistance and dyslipidemia
- Inflammation and the central role of adipose tissue
- Intestinal dysbiosis: a driver for hepatic inflammation
- Key inflammatory mediators inducing cellular damage
- Metabolic syndrome: Biomarkers and diagnostic criteria
This poster was developed in collaboration with Dr. Robert H. Lustig, University of California and Dr. Alejandro Gugliucci, Touro University-California.
© Copyright 2020 R&D Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.