The COVID-SeroIndex is a quantitative IgG antibody enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kit that enables an objective measurement of SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies which is indicative of prior infection. This quantitative ELISA test targets the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, which has been shown in recent studies to correlate with neutralization activity. The target IgG has also been shown to be a more durable indicator of prior infection than IgM or IgA and is first reaching levels that are protective 10-14 days post SARS-CoV-2 infection. This kit is configured and optimized to support research associated with the development of vaccines for COVID-19 by serving as a tool to provide objective performance data during research and development phases.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Assay designed for meaningful data - targeting the Spike protein and it's Receptor Binding Domain :(RBD)
- RBD is necessary for viral entry into host cell
- Spike antibody titer has been correlated with neutralization activity
- 2-phase assay approach minimizes false positive or negative results
- Validation studies have demonstrated a sensitivity of 98% and a specificity of 99%
- The underlying technology was created by internationally recognized virology team at Mount Sinai and utilized on > 60,000 patients
- The underlying technology was first used by Mount Sinai to select donors for their convalescent plasma program and is now used more broadly
- COVID-SeroIndex leverages Bio-Techne's long history of designing & producing high quality ELISA kits
- Run in any high complexity lab with standard equipment (plate reader)
- Does not require expensive capital equipment
- Partnership with Bio-Techne ensures continuity of supply and scale required for large studies
Evidence and Supporting Information
"Serological assays are essential tools in the management of infectious diseases, including diagnosis of infection, measurements of protective antibody titers upon vaccination, and seroprevalence assessments of immunity in a population."
"Antibody responses induced by natural mild-to-moderate SARS-CoV-2 infection are robust, neutralizing and are stable for at least 3 months."
"To estimate true infection rates, serosurveys can be used that measure the presence of antibodies that have been mounted to past virus infections, rather than the presence of virus."
"These results provide new insights in the evolution of the SARS-CoV-2 antibody response from the acute to the post-infection phase and indicate that the detection of antibody responses against the native trimeric S protein should be implemented to avoid large underestimation of SARS-CoV-2 infections in population-based seroprevalence studies."
About R&D Systems
R&D Systems is a premier brand of Bio-Techne Corporation, a global life sciences company providing innovative tools and bioactive reagents for the research and clinical diagnostic communities. Bio-Techne products assist scientific investigations into biological processes and the nature and progress of specific diseases. They aid in drug discovery efforts and provide the means for accurate clinical tests and diagnoses. With thousands of products in its portfolio, Bio-Techne’s brand, R&D Systems, provides the tools needed for scale up, validation, and continuous supply of the Kantaro Biosciences COVID-SeroIndex ELISA.
About Kantaro Biosciences
Kantaro Biosciences ("Kantaro"), a Mount Sinai Health System venture, is dedicated to ensuring that diagnostic tests for critical health challenges are accessible to all. The company provides academically rigorous, validated and results-driven diagnostics to advance the wellbeing of people, communities and society. Kantaro specializes in the rapid scaleup of groundbreaking diagnostic innovations and the creation of partnerships to bring these crucial technologies to market. The company is majority owned and controlled by Mount Sinai. For more information, visit www.kantarobio.com.