Human CD58/LFA-3 Biotinylated Antibody
Human CD58/LFA-3 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P19256
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
T cells require a signal induced by the engagement of the T cell receptor and a “co-stimulatory” signal(s) through distinct T cell surface molecules for optimal T cell expansion and activation. Many cell-bound receptor-ligand pairs have now been shown to be involved in T cell co-stimulation including CD58/CD2 in humans and CD48/CD2 in mice and rats. CD58, also known as lymphocyte function-associated antigen (LFA-3), is a 210 amino acid protein that belongs to the CD2 family of the immunoglobulin superfamily (1). CD58 is widely expressed on hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic human tissue and has been found on leukocytes, erythrocytes, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and fibroblasts of human origin (2). No mouse or rat homolog of CD58 has as of yet been identified. CD58 has only one known ligand, CD2. CD2 is expressed on T cells, NK cells and dendritic cells (2 - 4). CD2 ligation by CD58 has been shown to mediate T cell adhesion, T cell activation, T cell cytokine production and T cell and NK cells cytotoxic activity (1, 3, 5, 6). In dendritic cells, CD2 engagement increases MHC Class II, CD40, CD80, CD86, CD58 and CCR7 and induces IL-1 beta and IL-12 cytokine secretion (4).
- Davis, S.J. and P.A. van der Merwe (1996) Immunol. Today 17:177.
- Smith, M.E. and J.A. Thomas (1990) J. Clin. Pathol. 43:893.
- Bolhuis, R.L. Roozemond, R.C. and R.J. van de Griend (1986) J. Immunol. 136:3939.
- Crawford, K. et al. (2003) Blood 102:1745.
- Kanner, S.B. et al. (1992) J. Immunol. 148:2023.
- Bullens, M.A. et al. (2001) International Immunol. 12:181.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human CD58/LFA-3 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human CD58/LFA-3 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human CD58/LFA-3 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image