Human Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Antibody
Human Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q13231
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Chitotriosidase encoded by the CHIT1 gene is a member of the chitinase family that is selectively expressed in activated tissue macrophages (1). It is distinct from another member, known as acidic mammalian chitinase (AMC) encoded by the CHIA gene and expressed mainly in the gastrointestinal tract and lung (2). Both CHIA and CHIT1 are secreted as 50 kDa proteins. In contrast to CHIA, CHIT1 is not stable under acidic pHs and can be processed into a C-terminally truncated 39 kDa form (2, 3). CHIT1 is the best biomarker in the monitoring of Gaucher disease among the three most commonly used markers that also include acid phosphatase and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) (4). CHIT1 is also a specific marker of macrophage activation in acute ischemic stroke (5).
- Aguilera, B. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:40911.
- Boot, R.G. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:6770.
- Renkema, G.H. et al. (1997) Eur. J. Biochem. 244:279.
- Vellodi, A. et al. (2005) J. Inherit. Metab. Dis. 28:585.
- Sotgiu, S. et al. (2005) Eur. Neurol. 54:149.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image