Human FGF-6 Biotinylated Antibody
Human FGF-6 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P10767
Human FGF-6 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Fibroblast Growth Factor-6 (FGF-6), also known as HST-2, is a 25-28 kDa member of the FGF family of heparin binding polypeptides which are potent regulators of cell proliferation, differentiation, and function. FGF proteins contain a 120 amino acid (aa) core FGF domain that exhibits a beta -trefoil structure (1, 2). Mature human FGF-6 is a 171 aa protein that shares 94% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat FGF-6 (3). It binds and signals primarily through FGF R1c, 2c, and 4 (4). FGF-6 functions as a mitogen for fibroblasts, vascular endothelial cells, and prostate carcinoma cells, and N-linked glycosylation is required for the full mitogenic effect (5‑7). FGF-6 expression is restricted to skeletal muscle during development although it can be upregulated in prostate cancer and Kaposi sarcoma (7-9). In the adult, FGF-6 is upregulated in injured skeletal muscle and is required for muscle regeneration (10). FGF-6 inhibits the terminal differentiation of myoblasts and also cooperates with TGF-beta 2 to promote chondrogenesis in embryonic somites (8, 11).
- Wiedlocha, A. and V. Sorensen (2004) Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 286:45.
- Mohammadi, M. et al. (2005) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:107.
- Marics, I. et al. (1989) Oncogene 4:335.
- Ornitz, D.M. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:15292.
- Pizette, S. et al. (1991) Cell Growth Differ. 2:561.
- Asada, M. et al. (1999) Growth Factors 16:293.
- Ropiquet, F. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60:4245.
- de Lapeyriere, O. et al. (1993) Development 118:601.
- Li, J. et al. (1993) Cancer 72:2253.
- Floss, T. et al. (1997) Genes Dev. 11:2040.
- Grass, S. et al. (1996) Development 122:141.
Citation for Human FGF-6 Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Increased expression of fibroblast growth factor 6 in human prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and prostate cancer.
Authors: Ropiquet F, Giri D, Kwabi-Addo B, Mansukhani A, Ittmann M
Cancer Res., 2000;60(15):4245-50.
Sample Types: Tissue Homogenates
Applications: ELISA Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human FGF-6 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human FGF-6 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human FGF-6 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image