Human/Mouse Wnt-3a Antibody Summary
Accession # P27467
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Topflash Reporter Activity Induced byWnt-3a and Neutralization by Mouse Wnt-3a Antibody.
Recombinant Mouse Wnt-3a (Catalog #
1324-WN) induces Topflash reporter activity in the HEK293T human embryonic kidney cell line in a dose-dependent manner (orange line), as measured by the Topflash Reporter Assay. Under these conditions, Topflash reporter activity elicited by Recombinant Human Wnt-3a (0.5 μg/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Rat Anti-Human/Mouse Wnt-3a Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB9025). The ND50 is typically
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Wnt-3a is one of about 19 vertebrate members of the Wingless-type MMTV integration site (Wnt) family of highly conserved cysteine-rich secreted glycoproteins important for normal developmental processes (1‑3). Wnts bind to receptors of the Frizzled family in conjunction with a coreceptor of the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein family (LRP-5 or -6), or the Ryk atypical receptor tyrosine kinase (1, 4). Mouse Wnt-3a is a 44 kDa secreted hydrophobic glycoprotein containing a conserved pattern of 24 cysteine residues (5). Like other Wnts, Wnt-3a is modified by palmitate addition (at Cys 77) following glycosylation, which increases its hydrophobicity, secretion and activity (6, 7). A second site at Ser 209 is modified by palmitoleic acid and also contributes to activity and secretion (8). Mouse Wnt-3a shares 96% amino acid (aa) identity with human Wnt-3a, and 97% with bovine and canine Wnt-3a. The rat Wnt-3a precursor as it is apparently translated shares 100% aa identity with mouse Wnt-3a aa 63-352 (9). Wnt-3a also shares 87% aa identity with Wnt-3. During development, Wnt-3a is morphogen that is thought to coordinate somitogenesis and mesoderm boundary determination, and is expressed at the same locations and times as Wnt-2b and Wnt-5a (10). When Wnt-3a is deleted, mice fail to develop a hippocampus, and show defects in anterior-posterior patterning, somite development and tailbud formation (10-13). Recombinant Wnt-3a promotes proliferation of committed stem cell lineages in vitro, and may help maintain the cells in an undifferentiated state (6, 14) For example, Wnt-3a can induce self-renewal of hematopoietic stem cells, allowing expansion without further differentiation (6).
- Mikels, A.J. and R. Nusse (2006) Oncogene 25:7461.
- Miller, J.R. (2001) Genome Biol. 3:3001.
- Roelink, H. and R. Nusse (1991) Genes Dev. 5:381.
- Lu, W et al. (2004) Cell 119:97.
- Smolich, B.D. et al. (1993) Mol. Biol Cell 4:1267.
- Willert, K. et al. (2003) Nature 423:448.
- Komekado, H. et al. (2007) Genes Cells 12:521.
- Takada, R. et al. (2006) Dev. Cell 11:791.
- Entrez Accession # NP_001100475.
- Dunty, W.C. et al. (2008) Development 135:85.
- Lee, S.M.K. et al. (2000) Development 127:457.
- Takada, S. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8:174.
- Ikeya, M. and S. Takada (2001) Mech. Dev. 103:27.
- Nusse, R. (2008) Cell Res. 18:523.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human/Mouse Wnt-3a Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human/Mouse Wnt-3a Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human/Mouse Wnt-3a Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image