Human/Primate Chitinase 3-like 1 Antibody
Human/Primate Chitinase 3-like 1 Antibody Summary
Accession # P36222
Human/Primate Chitinase 3-like 1 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Chitinase 3-like 1
Chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1), also called YKL-40 or human cartilage glycoprotein 39 (HCGP39), is a 39 kDa glycoprotein member of the glycosyl hydrolase 18 family (1‑4). CHI3L1 was first identified as secreted from cultured articular chondrocytes, synovial cells, and activated monocyte‑derived macrophages, but it is also secreted by neutrophils, endothelial cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, and some cancer cells (1, 2, 5‑7). The human CHI3L1 cDNA encodes 383 amino acids (aa), including a 21 aa signal sequence and a 362 aa mature region with two intramolecular disulfides (3). Mature human CHI3L1 shares 73%, 80%, 82%, 83%, 86% and 87% aa sequence identity with mouse, rat, canine, bovine, porcine and equine CHI3L1, respectively. Human CHI3L1 and CHI3L2 share 43% aa sequence identity. Neither shows chitotriosidase activity, but both bind chitin and are thus termed chi-lectins (1‑4). CHI3L1 can bind heparins, probably as heparan sulfate (3, 7). It has been found to enhance cell adhesion and promote cell signaling, proliferation and tumor angiogenesis (4, 6‑9). Elevated serum CHI3L1 levels occur in some conditions characterized by inflammation and connective tissue remodeling, such as arthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and liver cirrhosis (1, 9‑12). Single nucleotide polymorphisms that can increase serum CHI3L1 are associated with higher risk for asthma in childhood (13). CHI3L1 is frequently up‑regulated in glioblastoma, myxoid chondrosarcoma, melanoma and carcinomas of the breast, thyroid, colon, lung, kidney, and ovary (9). In asthma and cancer, serum CHI3L1 concentrations can correlate with prognosis (9, 14, 15).
- Hakala, B.E. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268:25803.
- Renkema, G.H. et al. (1998) Eur. J. Biochem. 251:504.
- Fusetti, F. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:37753.
- Houston, D.R. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:30206.
- Volck, B. et al. (1998) Proc. Assoc. Am. Physicians 110:351.
- Nishikawa, K.C. and A.J.T. Millis (2003) Exp. Cell Res. 287:79.
- Shao, R. et al. (2009) Oncogene 28:4456.
- Recklies, A.D. et al. (2002) Biochem. J. 365:119.
- Eurich, K. et al. (2009) World J. Gastroenterol. 15:5249.
- Letuve, S. et al. (2008) J Immunol. 181:5167.
- Rathke, C.N. and H. Vestergaard (2009) Cardiovasc. Diabetol. 8:61.
- Johansen, J.S. et al. (1997) Scand. J. Gastroenterol. 32:582.
- Ober, C. et al. (2008) N. Engl. J. Med. 358:1682.
- Johansen, J.S. et al. (1999) Rheumatology 38:618.
- Chupp, G.L. et al. (2007) N. Engl. J. Med. 357:2016.
Citation for Human/Primate Chitinase 3-like 1 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Low Plasma IL-8 Levels During Chemotherapy Are Predictive of Excellent Long-Term Survival in Metastatic Breast Cancer
Authors: L Tiainen, M Hämäläinen, T Luukkaala, M Tanner, O Lahdenperä, P Vihinen, A Jukkola, P Karihtala, E Moilanen, PL Kellokumpu
Clin. Breast Cancer, 2019;0(0):.
Sample Types: Plasma
Applications: ELISA Capture
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human/Primate Chitinase 3-like 1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human/Primate Chitinase 3-like 1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human/Primate Chitinase 3-like 1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image