Human TIM-4 Biotinylated Antibody
Human TIM-4 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q96H15
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
TIM-4 (T cell; immunoglobulin; mucin-4), also known as SMUCKLER, is a 60 kDa member of the TIM family of immune regulating proteins. TIMs are type I transmembrane proteins with one Ig-like V domain and one Ser/Thr-rich mucin domain (1‑3). The human TIM-4 cDNA encodes a 378 amino acid (aa) precursor that includes a 24 aa signal sequence, a 290 aa extracellular domain (ECD), a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 43 aa cytoplasmic tail (4). Structurally, TIM-4 is distinguished from other TIMs by the presence of an RGD motif in its Ig domain and the lack of a site for tyrosine phosphorylation in its cytoplasmic tail. The mucin domain in TIM-4 is larger than in TIM-1 or TIM-3. Within the ECD, human TIM-4 shares 35% and 23% aa sequence identity with TIM-1 and TIM-3, respectively. A TIM-2 ortholog has not been identified in human. The ECD of human TIM-4 shares 45% aa sequence identity with that of mouse and rat TIM-4. TIM-4 is expressed by macrophages and mature dendritic cells but not by lymphocytes (4, 5). TIM-4 binds specifically to TIM-1 which is also the cellular receptor for the hepatitis A virus, and has been implicated in the development of asthma (5‑7). Among hematopoietic cells, TIM-1 is expressed on activated B and T cells, preferentially in the Th2 subset of CD4+ T cells (5, 8). The interaction of TIM-4 with TIM-1 induces costimulatory and hyperproliferative signals in T cells (5).
- Kuchroo, V.K. et al. (2003) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:454.
- Mariat, C. et al. (2005) Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 360:1681.
- Meyers, J.H. et al. (2005) Trends Mol. Med. 11:362.
- Shakhov, A.N. et al. (2004) Eur. J. Immunol. 34:494.
- Meyers, J.H. et al. (2005) Nat. Immunol. 6:455.
- Feigelstock, D. et al. (1998) J. Virol. 72:6621.
- McIntire, J.J. et al. (2001) Nat. Immunol. 2:1109.
- Khademi, M. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:7169.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human TIM-4 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human TIM-4 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human TIM-4 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image