Mouse C-Reactive Protein/CRP Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Tissue Lysates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of mouse CRP spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||95||82-115|
Mouse C-Reactive Protein/CRP ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Background: C-Reactive Protein/CRP
C-Reactive Protein (CRP), also known as Pentraxin 1, is a secreted pentameric protein that functions as a sensor and activator for the innate immune response. In humans, it is a major acute-phase protein; its circulating concentration is dramatically elevated at the onset of inflammation. In mice, however, serum CRP levels increase only slightly during inflammation, and the analogous acute phase role is filled by Pentraxin 2. CRP binds, opsonizes, and induces the phagocytosis of bacteria and apoptotic cells. It regulates activation of the classical complement pathway by binding several proteins in the complement cascade as well as Fc gamma RI, Fc gamma RIIA, and Fc gamma RIIB on macrophages and dendritic cells. It also promotes dendritic cell maturation and humoral immunity. In cardiovascular disease, CRP binds to oxidized LDL, exacerbates tissue damage in myocardial infarction, and inhibits the repair of injured vascular endothelium.
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Mouse C-Reactive Protein/CRP Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
REDD-1 aggravates endotoxin-induced inflammation via atypical NF-?B activation
Authors: DK Lee, JH Kim, J Kim, S Choi, M Park, W Park, S Kim, KS Lee, T Kim, J Jung, YK Choi, KS Ha, MH Won, TR Billiar, YG Kwon, YM Kim
FASEB J., 2018;0(0):fj201701436R.
Sample Types: Serum
Berberine inhibits the ischemia-reperfusion injury induced inflammatory response and apoptosis of myocardial cells through the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/RAC-? serine/threonine-protein kinase and nuclear factor-?B signaling pathways
Authors: L Wang, H Ma, Y Xue, H Shi, T Ma, X Cui
Exp Ther Med, 2018;15(2):1225-1232.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse C-Reactive Protein/CRP Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse C-Reactive Protein/CRP Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse C-Reactive Protein/CRP Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image