Mouse Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Biotinylated Antibody
Mouse Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9D7Q1
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Chitotriosidase, encoded by the mouse CHIT1 gene, is a typical member of the chitinase family (1). It is distinct from another member known as acidic mammalian chitinase (AMC), encoded by the CHIA gene, in several aspects. AMC/CHIA is expressed mainly in alveolar macrophages and in both the mouse and human gastrointestinal tract (2). CHIT1, however, is expressed exclusively by phagocytes in humans and in the gastrointestinal tract, tongue, fore-stomach, and Paneth cells of the small intestine in mice (2). Both CHIA and CHIT1 are secreted as 50 kDa proteins. In contrast to CHIA, CHIT1 is not stable under acidic pH and can be processed into a C-terminally truncated 39 kDa form (2‑4). Human CHIT1 is the best of three biomarkers in the monitoring of Gaucher disease (5). The other two commonly used markers include acid phosphatase and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) (5). Human CHIT1 is also a specific marker of macrophage activation in acute ischemic stroke (6).
- Zheng, T. et al. (2005) Gene 357:37.
- Boot, R.G. et al. (2006) J. Histochem. Cytochem. 53:1283.
- Boot, R.G. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:6770.
- Renkema, G.H. et al. (1997) Eur. J. Biochem. 244:279.
- Vellodi, A. et al. (2005) J. Inherit. Metab. Dis. 28:585.
- Sotgiu, S. et al. (2005) Eur. Neurol. 54:149.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Chitotriosidase/CHIT1 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image