Mouse HGF Biotinylated Antibody
Mouse HGF Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q53WS5
Mouse HGF Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
HGF, also known as Scatter Factor and Hepatopoietin A, is a pleiotropic protein in the Plasminogen subfamily of S1 peptidases. It is a multidomain molecule that includes an N-terminal PAN/APPLE-like domain, four Kringle domains, and a serine proteinase-like domain that has no detectable protease activity (1‑5). Mouse HGF is secreted as an inactive 728 amino acid (aa) single chain propeptide. It is cleaved after the fourth Kringle domain by a serine protease to form bioactive disulfide‑linked HGF with a 60 kDa alpha and 30 kDa beta chain. Alternate splicing generates an isoform that lacks the peptidase and the second, third, and fourth Kringle domains. Mouse HGF shares 91%‑95% aa sequence identity with bovine, canine, feline, human, and rat HGF. HGF binds heparan-sulfate proteoglycans and the widely expressed receptor tyrosine kinase, HGF R/c-MET (6, 7). HGF-dependent c-MET activation is implicated in the development of many human cancers (8). HGF regulates epithelial morphogenesis by inducing cell scattering and branching tubulogenesis (9, 10). HGF induces the upregulation of integrin alpha 2 beta 1 in epithelial cells by a selective increase in alpha 2 gene transcription (11). This integrin serves as a collagen I receptor, and its blockade disrupts epithelial cell branching tubulogenesis (11, 12). HGF can also alter epithelium morphology by the induction of nectin-1 alpha ectodomain shedding, an adhesion protein component of adherens junctions (13). In the thyroid, HGF induces the proliferation, motility, and loss of differentiation markers of thyrocytes and inhibits TSH-stimulated iodine uptake (14). HGF promotes the motility of cardiac stem cells in damaged myocardium (15).
- Karihaloo, A. et al. (2005) Nephron Exp. Nephrol. 100:e40.
- Hammond, D.E. et al. (2004) Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 286:21.
- Rosario, M. and W. Birchmeier (2004) Dev. Cell 7:3.
- Lesk, A.M. and W.D. Fordham (1996) J. Mol. Biol. 258:501.
- Sasaki, M. et al. (1994) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 199:772.
- Mizuno, K., et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:1131.
- Gheradi, E. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 100:12039.
- Corso, S. et al. (2005) Trends Mol. Med. 11:284.
- Maeshima, A. et al. (2000) Kid. Int. 58:1511.
- Montesano, R. et al. (1991) Cell 67:901.
- Chiu, S-J. et al. (2002) J. Biomed. Sci. 9:261.
- Saelman, E.U.M. et al. (1995) J. Cell Sci. 108:3531.
- Tanaka, Y. et al. (2002) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 299:472.
- Mineo, R. et al. (1994) Endocrinology 145:4355.
- Urbanek, K. et al. (2005) Circ. Res. 97:663.
Citation for Mouse HGF Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Enhanced c-Met activity promotes G-CSF-induced mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells via ROS signaling.
Authors: Tesio M, Golan K, Corso S
Sample Types: Plasma
Applications: ELISA Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse HGF Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse HGF Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse HGF Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image