Mouse SLAM/CD150 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody
Mouse SLAM/CD150 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9QUM4
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
The type I transmembrane glycoprotein Signaling Lymphocytic Activation Molecule (SLAM), also known as CD150, is the prototypic member of the SLAM subgroup of the CD2 protein family. CD2 family proteins function as adhesion molecules and modulators of the immune response (1). Mouse SLAM consists of a 218 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with two Ig-like domains, a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and a 78 aa cytoplasmic domain with three immunoreceptor tyrosine switch motifs (ITSM) (2). Alternate splicing generates an isoform with a substituted cytoplasmic domain (2). Within the ECD, mouse SLAM shares 58% and 83% aa sequence identity with human and rat SLAM, respectively. It is expressed as a 75 kDa molecule of which approximately 30 kDa is N-linked carbohydrate (2). SLAM is expressed on T cells, B cells, thymocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, platelets, and hematopoietic stem cells (2‑7). It is upregulated on activated B cells and CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, although it is downregulated on Th2 polarized cells (2, 3, 8). SLAM interacts homophilically with low affinity, and this interaction induces a Th0/Th1 response characterized by clonal expansion, production of IFN-gamma, and increased cytolytic activity of CD8+ T cells (2, 3, 9‑11). SLAM ligation also promotes B cell activation, allergen-induced eosinophil and mast cell activation, and macrophage responsiveness to LPS (4, 8, 12). In humans, SLAM functions as a cellular entry receptor for measles virus (13, 14).
- Ma, C.S. et al. (2007) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 25:337.
- Castro, A.G. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163:5860.
- Cocks, B.G. et al. (1995) Nature 376:260.
- Wang, N. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Med. 199:1255.
- Hahm, B. et al. (2004) Virology 323:292.
- Nanda, N. et al. (2005) Blood 106:3028.
- Kiel, M.J. et al. (2005) Cell 121:1109.
- Punnonen, J. et al. (1997) J. Exp. Med. 185:993.
- Mavaddat, N. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:28100.
- Aversa, G. et al. (1997) J. Immunol. 158:4036.
- Mehrle, S. et al. (2008) Mol. Immunol. 45:796.
- Wang, N. et al. (2006) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 35:206.
- Tatsuo, H. et al. (2000) Nature 406:893.
- Hsu, E.C. et al. (2001) Virology 279:9.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse SLAM/CD150 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse SLAM/CD150 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse SLAM/CD150 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image