Mouse SP-D Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Tissue Lysates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of mouse SP-D spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||99||92-105|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||97||90-103|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||97||84-104|
|Tissue Lysates (n=4)||101||91-113|
Mouse SP-D ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Surfactant Protein D (SP-D) is a collectin family protein consisting of a collagen-like sequence followed by a C-type lectin domain. It is synthesized primarily in the lung by alveolar type II cells and unciliated bronchial epithelial cells. In addition, SP-D is produced by epithelial cells of the gastrointestinal tract and exocrine glands. SP-D binds to patterns of neutral sugars on micro-organisms to mediate direct opsonization and phagocytosis and is an important component of the innate immune system.
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citation for Mouse SP-D Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Stat5 Is Required for CD103(+) Dendritic Cell and Alveolar Macrophage Development and Protection from Lung Injury
Authors: WE Eddy, KQ Gong, B Bell, WC Parks, SF Ziegler, AM Manicone
J. Immunol., 2017;0(0):.
Sample Types: BALF
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Reviews for Mouse SP-D Quantikine ELISA Kit
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Mouse SP-D Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image
I used this kit to analyze SP-D of FVBN mice plasma and BAL infected with 0111:B4 LPS. I had a lot of background signal which made it hard to distinguish the difference of SP-D between control and infected mice. I think the kit itself is good and easy to use though, I just need to increase the difference to compensate for background noise. I also didn't dilute enough in my BAL, so my std curve was not allowed to develop as much as I would have liked. If you run with BAL I would recommend a 1:500 dilution! I did 1:200.