Rat IL-17F Antibody Summary
Accession # NP_001015011
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
IL‑17F in Rat Splenocytes.
IL‑17F in Rat Splenocytes.IL‑17F was detected in immersion fixed Th17-differentiated rat splenocytes using Mouse Anti-Rat IL‑17F Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB4437) at 10 µg/mL for 3 hours at room temperature. Cells were stained using the NorthernLights™ 557-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (red; Catalog # NL007) and counterstained with DAPI (blue). Specific staining was localized to cell surfaces and cytoplasm. View our protocol for Fluorescent ICC Staining of Non-adherent Cells.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Interleukin-17F (also ML-1) is a 19 kDa member of the IL-17 family of cytokines. Members of this family are involved in tissue homeostasis and demonstrate a structural motif termed a cysteine knot that characterizes a large superfamily of growth factors. Although most cysteine knot superfamily members use three intrachain disulfide bonds to create a knot, IL-17 family molecules generate the same structural form with only two disulfide links (1, 2, 3, 4). Based on mouse, mature rat IL-17F is 133 amino acids (aa) in length (5, 6). Rat IL-17F is a presumably secreted, 38 kDa glycosylated disulfide-linked homodimer. It is also secreted as a 35 kDa disulfide-linked heterodimer with IL-17/17A (7, 8). The heterodimeric form represents about 30% of secreted IL-17F. Initially, IL-17F was also reported as IL-24. Since that time, the IL-24 designation has been reassigned to MDA-7, a member of the IL-10 family of molecules (note: IL-17E is synonymous with IL-25). Mature rat IL-17F shares 59% and 90% aa sequence identity with mature human and mouse IL-17F, respectively; it also shares 55% aa identity with rat IL-17. Interspecies studies suggest rat IL-17F is produced by activated Th17-type CD4+ T cells, mast cells, basophils and monocytes (1, 3, 9), and is inducible through the interaction of TGF-beta, IL-6 and IL-23 (9, 10, 11). Targets for IL-17F include respiratory epithelium, fibroblasts, macrophages and endothelial cells which produce proinflammatory cytokines such as GM-CSF, IL-6, IFN-gamma, IP-10, MIP-1 alpha and MCP-1 (2, 6, 12). This activity is found for both homodimeric and heterodimeric forms of IL-17F (7).
- Kawaguchi, M. et al. (2004) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 114:1265.
- Kolls, J.K. and A. Linden (2004) Immunity 21:467.
- Weaver, C.T. et al. (2007) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 25:801.
- Gaffen, S.H. et al. (2006) Vitam. Horm. 74:255.
- Genbank Accession # : NP_001015011.
- Oda, N. et al. (2005) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 171:12.
- Chang, S.H. and C. Gong (2007) Cell Res. 17:435.
- Wright, J.F. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:13447.
- Kawaguchi, M. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 167:4430.
- Langrish, C.L. et al. (2005) J. Exp. Med. 201:233.
- Yang, X.O. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:9358.
- Mcallister, F. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 175:404.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Rat IL-17F Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Rat IL-17F Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Rat IL-17F Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image