Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Antibody
Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Antibody Summary
Accession # O54947
Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
TIM-1, also known as KIM-1 (Kidney-injury molecule-1) and HAVCR, is a 50-80 kDa, variably glycosylated, type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the TIM family of immunoglobulin superfamily molecules (1‑5). This gene family is involved in the regulation of Th1 and Th2-cell-mediated immunity. In mouse, there are eight known TIM/KIM genes (# 1‑8) vs. only three genes in human (# 1, 3, 4) (1, 2, 5). It is unknown if the rat genome exactly parallels that of mouse. Rat TIM-1 is synthesized as a 307 amino acid (aa) precursor that contains a 21 aa signal sequence, a 214 aa extracellular domain (ECD), a 21 aa transmembrane segment and a 51 aa cytoplasmic domain (4). The ECD contains one V-type Ig-like domain and a mucin region characterized by multiple Thr-Ser-Pro motifs. The mucin region may undergo extensive O-linked glycosylation. The mouse TIM-1 gene is highly polymorphic and this may be reflected in rat (4, 6). In human, TIM-1 is known to circulate as a soluble form. It undergoes constitutive cleavage by an undefined MMP, releasing an 85 kDa soluble molecule (7). A similar process has now been described in rat (8). The ECD of rat TIM-1 is 50% and 81% aa identical to human and mouse TIM-1 ECD, respectively. The only two reported ligands for TIM-1 are TIM-4 and the hepatitis A virus (9, 10). However, others are believed to exist, and based on the ligand for TIM-3, one might be an S-type lectin (11). TIM-1 is found on CD4+ T cells and proximal renal tubular cells (4, 12). TIM-1 ligation induces T cell proliferation and promotes cytokine production (1, 11). In particular, it induces IL-4 production, and requires the TIM-1 cytoplasmic tyrosine phosphorylation motif (12). Alternatively, TIM-1 activation of TIM-4 induces cell cycle arrest (13).
- Meyers, J.H. et al. (2005) Trends Mol. Med. 11:1471.
- Kuchroo, V.K. et al. (2003) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:454.
- Mariat, C. et al. (2005) Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 360:1681.
- Ichimura, T. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:4135.
- Kuchroo, V.K. et al. (2006) Adv. Immunol. 91:227.
- McIntire, J.J. et al. (2001) Nat. Immunol. 2:1109.
- Bailly, V. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:39739.
- Vaidya, V.S. et al. (2006) Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 290:F517.
- Feigelstock, D. et al. (1998) J. Virol. 72:6621.
- Zhu, C. et al. (2005) Nat. Immunol. 6:1245.
- Meyers, J.H. et al. (2005) Nat. Immunol. 6:455.
- de Souza, A.J. et al. (2005) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:17113.
- Mesri, M. et al. (2006) Int. Immunol. 18:473.
Citations for Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Bone Marrow-Derived Mononuclear Cell Therapy Accelerates Renal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury Recovery by Modulating Inflammatory, Antioxidant and Apoptotic Related Molecules
Authors: FM Ornellas, DS Ornellas, SV Martini, RC Castiglion, GM Ventura, PR Rocco, B Gutfilen, SA de Souza, CM Takiya, MM Morales
Cell. Physiol. Biochem., 2017;41(5):1736-1752.
Sample Types: Whole Tissue
Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Kidney Injury Is Dependent on an IL-18 Receptor Signaling Pathway
Authors: Y Nozaki, S Hino, J Ri, K Sakai, Y Nagare, M Kawanishi, K Niki, M Funauchi, I Matsumura
Int J Mol Sci, 2017;18(12):.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Rat TIM-1/KIM-1/HAVCR Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image