Recombinant Human CD24 Fc Chimera Protein, CF Summary
When Recombinant Human CD24 Fc Chimera is coated at 5 μg/mL, the concentration of Recombinant Human Siglec-10 Fc Chimera (Catalog # 2130-SL) that produces 50% optimal binding response is found to be approximately 0.3-3 μg/mL.
(Met1 - Gly59)
Accession # NP_037362
(Pro100 - Lys330)
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
CD24, also known as Heat-Stable Antigen and Nectadrin, is a heavily and variably glycosylated 30 kDa ‑ 60 kDa GPI-linked sialoprotein (1 - 4). Human CD24 is expressed on B lineage cells and granulocytes, on epithelial, neuronal, and muscle cells, and on a range of tumor cells (4 - 6). In mouse, CD24 is even more widely expressed, particularly on T cells, monocytes, and dendritic cells (2). CD24 expression is regulated during lineage development and with the activation of various cell types (4). Antibody crosslinking of CD24 enhances the induction of apoptosis in B and T lymphocytes which contributes to negative selection and the induction of immune tolerance (7 - 11). CD24 on antigen presenting cells cooperates with B7 molecules in the costimulation of T cells (12 - 14). CD24 associates in cis with Siglec-10 (or Siglec-G in mouse) and with the danger-associated molecules HMGB1, HSP70, or HSP90 which are released from necrotic or damaged cells (15). Formation of these ternary complexes fills a protective role: the resulting Siglec-10 signaling inhibits inflammatory responses that are otherwise induced by extracellular DAMPs (15, 16). Mature human CD24 shares 30% and 42% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat CD24, respectively.
- Jackson, D. et al. (1992) Cancer Res. 52:5264.
- Kay, R. et al. (1991) J. Immunol. 147:1412.
- Kadmon, G. et al. (1992) J. Cell Biol. 118:1245.
- Fang, X. et al. (2010) Cell. Mol. Immunol. 7:100.
- Fischer, G. F. et al. (1990) J. Immunol. 144:638.
- Allman, D.M. et al. (1993) J. Immunol. 151:4431.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166:5567.
- Taguchi, T. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 170:252.
- Jung, K.C. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:795.
- Kishimoto, H. and J. Sprent (1997) J. Exp. Med. 185:263.
- Hitsumoto, Y. et al. (1996) Immunology 89:200.
- Liu, Y. et al. (1992) Eur. J. Immunol. 22:2855.
- Enk, A.H. and S.I. Katz (1994) J. Immunol. 152:3264.
- Askew, D. and C.V. Harding (2008) Immunology 123:447.
- Chen G.Y. et al. (2009) Science 323:1722.
- Liu, Y. et al. (2011) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 23:41.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human CD24 Fc Chimera Protein, CF
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Recombinant Human CD24 Fc Chimera Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image