Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 GMP Protein, CF Summary
The specific activity of recombinant human IGF-I/IGF-1 is >1000 IU/mg, which is calibrated against the human IGF-I/IGF-1 WHO International Standard (NIBSC code: 91/554).
Produced using non-animal reagents in an animal-free laboratory.
Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines.
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 (Catalog # 291-GMP) stimulates cell proliferation in the MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 0.3‑1.5 ng/mL.
1 μg/lane of Recombinant Human GMP-grade IGF-I/IGF-1 (Catalog # 291-GMP) was resolved with SDS-PAGE under reducing (R) conditions and visualized by silver staining, showing a single band at 8 kDa.
MALDI-TOF analysis of GMP-grade Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 (Catalog # 291-GMP). The major peak at 7648 Da corresponds to the measured molecular weight of the intact protein. The calculated mass is 7655 Da.
Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1 or IGF-I), also known as somatomedin C, is the dominant effector of growth hormone and is structurally homologous to proinsulin. Human IGF-1 is synthesized as two precursor isoforms with N- and alternate C‑terminal propeptides (1). These isoforms are differentially expressed by various tissues (1). The 7.6 kDa mature IGF‑1 is identical between isoforms and is generated by proteolytic removal of the N- and C‑terminal regions. Mature human IGF-1 shares 94% and 96% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat IGF-1, respectively (2), and exhibits cross-species activity. It shares 64% aa sequence identity with mature human IGF2. Circulating IGF-1 is produced by hepatocytes, while local IGF-1 is produced by many other tissues in which it has paracrine effects (1). IGF-1 induces the proliferation, migration, and differentiation of a wide variety of cell types during development and postnatally (3). IGF-1 regulates glucose and fatty acid metabolism, steroid hormone activity, and cartilage and bone metabolism (4‑7). It plays an important role in muscle regeneration and tumor progression (1, 8). IGF-1 binds IGF1R, IGF2R, and the insulin receptor, although its effects are mediated primarily by IGF1R (9). IGF-1 association with IGF binding proteins increases its plasma half‑life and modulates its interactions with receptors (10).
- Philippou, A. et al. (2007) In Vivo 21:45.
- Sandberg-Nordqvist, A.C. et al. (1992) Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 12:275.
- Guvakova, M.A. (2007) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 39:890.
- Clemmons, D.R. (2006) Curr. Opin. Pharmacol. 6:620.
- Bluher, S. et al. (2005) Best Pract. Res. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 19:577.
- Garcia-Segura, L.M. et al. (2006) Neuroendocrinology 84:275.
- Malemud, C.J. (2007) Clin. Chim. Acta 375:10.
- Samani, A.A. et al. (2007) Endocrine Rev. 28:20.
- LeRoith, D. and S. Yakar (2007) Nat. Clin. Pract. Endocrinol. Metab. 3:302.
- Denley, A. et al. (2005) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:421.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Additional testing and documentation requested by the customer can be arranged at an additional cost. Testing may include, but is not limited to, USP <61> bioburden testing, positive identity testing, testing for adventitious agents and testing for residual host cell content.
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Animal-Free Manufacturing Conditions
Our dedicated controlled-access animal-free laboratories ensure that at no point in production are the products exposed to potential contamination by animal components or byproducts. Every stage of manufacturing is conducted in compliance with R&D Systems' stringent Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Production and purification procedures use equipment and media that are confirmed animal-free.
- All molecular biology procedures use animal-free media and dedicated labware.
- Dedicated fermentors are utilized in committed animal-free areas.
- Protein purification columns are animal-free.
- Bulk proteins are filtered using animal-free filters.
- Purified proteins are stored in animal-free containers in a dedicated cold storage room.
- Low Endotoxin Level.
- No impairment of biological activity.
- High quality product obtained under stringent conditions.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image