Recombinant Human KGF/FGF-7 GMP Protein, CF Summary
The specific activity of recombinant human KGF/FGF-7 is approximately 1.3 x 103 U/μg, which is calibrated against recombinant human KGF/FGF-7 WHO Standard (NIBSC code: 03/150).
Cys32-Thr194, with an N-terminal Met
Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human KGF/FGF-7 (Catalog # 251-GMP) stimulates proliferation of the 4MBr‑5 rhesus monkey epithelial cell line. The ED50 for this effect is
1 μg/lane of GMP-grade Recombinant Human KGF/FGF-7 (Catalog # 251-GMP) was resolved with SDS-PAGE under reducing (R) conditions and visualized by silver staining, showing a single band at 20 kDa.
KGF (keratinocyte growth factor), also known as FGF-7 (fibroblast growth factor-7), is one of 22 known members of the mouse FGF family of secreted proteins that plays a key role in development, morphogenesis, angiogenesis, wound healing, and tumorigenesis (1-4). KGF expression is restricted to cells of mesenchymal origin. When secreted, it acts as a paracrine growth factor for nearby epithelial cells (1). KGF speeds wound healing by being dramatically upregulated in response to damage to skin or internal structures that results in high local concentrations of inflammatory mediators such as IL-1 and TNF-alpha. (2, 5). KGF promotes cell migration and invasion, and mediates melanocyte transfer to keratinocytes upon UVB radiation (6, 7). It has been used ectopically to avoid chemotherapy-induced oral mucositis in patients with hematological malignancies (1). Deletion of KGF affects kidney development, producing abnormally small ureteric buds and fewer nephrons (8). It also impedes hair follicle differentiation (9). The 194 amino acid (aa) KGF precursor contains a 31 aa signal sequence and, like all other FGFs, an ~120 aa beta -trefoil scaffold that includes receptor- and heparin-binding sites. KGF signals only through the IIIb splice form of the tyrosine kinase receptor, FGF R2 (FGF R2-IIIb/KGF R) (10). Receptor dimerization requires an octameric or larger heparin or heparin sulfate proteoglycan (11). FGF-10, also called KGF2, shares 51% aa identity and similar function to KGF, but shows more limited expression than KGF and uses an additional receptor, FGF R2-IIIc (12). Following receptor engagement, KGF is typically degraded, while FGF-10 is recycled (12). Mature human KGF, which is active across species, shares 98% aa sequence identity with bovine, equine, ovine and canine, 96% with mouse and porcine, and 92% with rat KGF, respectively.
- Finch, P.W. and J.S. Rubin (2006) J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 98:812.
- Werner, S. et al. (2007) J. Invest. Dermatol. 127:998.
- Werner, S. (1998) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 9:153.
- Mason, I.J. et al. (1994) Mech. Dev. 45:15.
- Geer, D.J. et al. (2005) Am. J. Pathol. 167:1575.
- Niu, J. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:6001.
- Cardinali, G. et al. (2005) J. Invest. Dermatol. 125:1190.
- Qiao, J. et al. (1999) Development 126:547.
- Guo, L. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10:165.
- de Georgi, V. et al. (2007) Dermatol. Clin. 25:477.
- Hsu, Y-R. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38:2523.
- Belleudi, F. et al. (2007) Traffic 8:1854.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human KGF/FGF-7 GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human KGF/FGF-7 GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human KGF/FGF-7 GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image