Recombinant Human Periostin/OSF-2 GMP Protein, CF
Recombinant Human Periostin/OSF-2 GMP Protein, CF Summary
Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines.
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris-Citrate and NaCl.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Immobilized Recombinant Human Periostin/
OSF‑2 (Catalog # 3548-GMP) at10 µg/mL (100 µL/well)induces 50% cell adhesion.
Periostin, also known as OSF-2, is a secreted matricellular protein with functions in extracellular matrix formation, cell migration, and inflammation (1). It is secreted as a 90 kDa monomer that can aggregate into >170 kDa higher-order multimers (2). Periostin contains an N-terminal EMI domain followed by four tandem FAS1 domains (3). Mature human Periostin shares 91% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat Periostin. Alternative splicing generates additional isoforms with various deletions in the C-terminal region following the FAS domains. Periostin is expressed by mesenchymal cells such as vascular smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts, osteoblasts, and odontoblasts in developing teeth (4-7). It is up-regulated in many carcinomas (2, 8). Periostin binds to Integrins alpha v beta 3 and alpha v beta 5 (2, 9), leading to enhanced cell adhesion and cell migration (2, 5, 6). It enhances Fibronectin and Collagen I production and promotes collagen fibrillogenesis (10, 11). It also induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition, tumor growth, invasion, and metastasis (9). Periostin induces the expression of VEGF R2 on endothelial cells and VEGF-C in tumor cells, and it can induce tumor lymphangiogenesis (8, 12). Periostin plays an important role in heart valve development and tissue healing after myocardial infarction (5, 13, 14). In asthma, it is up-regulated in bronchial epithelium and plays both destructive and protective roles by inducing eosinophil infiltration and inhibiting goblet cell metaplasia and mucus production, respectively (15, 16).
- Liu, A.Y. et al. (2014) Matrix Biol. 37:150.
- Gillan, L. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62:5358.
- Takeshita, S. et al. (1993) Biochem. J. 294:271.
- Kruzynska-Frejtag, A. et al. (2004) Dev. Dyn. 229:857.
- Lindner, V. et al. (2005) Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 25:77.
- Horiuchi, K. et al. (1999) J. Bone Miner. Res. 14:1239.
- Li, G. et al. (2006) Atherosclerosis 188:292.
- Shao, R. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Biol. 24:3992.
- Yan, W. and R. Shao (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:19700.
- Erkan, M. et al. (2007) Gastroenterology 132:1447.
- Norris, R.A. et al. (2007) J. Cell. Biochem. 101:695.
- Kudo, Y. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7:e44488.
- Snider, P. et al. (2008) Circ. Res. 102:752.
- Kuhn, B. et al. (2007) Nat. Med. 13:962.
- Blanchard, C. et al. (2008) Mucosal Immunol. 1:289.
- Sehra, S. et al. (2011) J. Immunol. 186:4959.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human Periostin/OSF-2 GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Periostin/OSF-2 GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Periostin/OSF-2 GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image