Recombinant Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Protein, CF Summary
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 500 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
When Recombinant Human CD117/c-kit Fc Chimera (10961-SR) is immobilized at 1.00 µg/mL (100 µL/well), Biotinylated Recombinant Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Protein binds with an ED50 of 1.00‑6.00 ng/mL.
2 μg/lane of Biotinylated Recombinant Human SCF/c‑kit Ligand Protein (Catalog # BT11010) was resolved with SDS-PAGE under reducing (R) and non-reducing (NR) conditions and visualized by Coomassie® Blue staining, showing bands at 20-35 kDa.
Background: SCF/c-kit Ligand
Stem cell factor (SCF) is a potent hematopoietic growth factor required in regulating both embryonic and adult hematopoiesis. SCF protein promotes the survival, differentiation, and mobilization of multiple cell types including myeloid, erythroid, megakaryocytic, lymphoid, germ cell, and melanocyte progenitors (1 7). SCF is a primary growth and activation factor for mast cells and eosinophils (8). And SCF assists in the recovery of cardiac function following myocardial infarction by increasing the number of cardiomyocytes and vascular channels (9). Stem cell factor is an important cytokine for ex vivo clinical applications. Along with other cytokines, SCF is used in the culture and expansion of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) as well as for proliferation and differentiation of both myeloid and erythroid progenitor cells.
- Ashman, L.K. (1999) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31:1037.
- Sette, C. et al. (2000) Int. J. Dev. Biol. 44:599.
- Yoshida, H. et al. (2001) J. Invest. Dermatol. Symp. Proc. 6:1.
- Erlandsson, A. et al. (2004) Exp. Cell Res. 301:201.
- Kapur, R. et al. (2002) Blood 100:1287.
- Wang, C.H. et al. (2007) Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 27:540.
- Bashamboo, A. et al. (2006) J. Cell Sci. 119:3039.
- Reber, L. et al. (2006) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 533:327.
- Kanellakis, P. et al. (2006) Cardiovasc. Res. 70:117.
- Martin, F.H. et al. (1990) Cell 63:203.
- Arakawa, T. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:18942.
- Majumdar, M.K. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:1237.
- Brannan, C.I. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88:4671.
- Anderson, D.M. et al. (1991) Cell Growth Differ. 2:373.
- Lemmon, M.A. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:6311.
- Nasimi, M. et al. (2021) Reprod Sci. 28:963.
- Krisch, L. et al. (2021) Int. J. Mol. Sci. 22:8224.
- Cao, Z. et al. (2020) Stem Cell Res Ther. 11:1.
- Comazzetto, S. et al. (2019) Cell Stem Cell. 24:477.
- Bernecker, C. et al. (2019) Stem Cells Dev. 28:1540.
- Park, M.Y. et al. (2019) Front Immunol. 10:1.
- Netsrithong, R. et al. (2020) Stem Cell Res Ther. 11:1.
- Zhang, Li. et al. (2021) Journal Mater Chem B. 29:5887.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Recombinant Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image